5. "You really are the devil."

(1399 words)

*THE NEXT DAY*

I knocked at Blayze's office door, awaiting his response. "Yes." Came his reply, making me push the door open and enter.

"Good morning, Mr. Colton." I said professionally.

He looked up from his phone, taking in my appearance. His eyes slowly dragged from the black half-sleeved top I was wearing with ruffles on the shoulders to my pale pink pencil skirt, down till my black strappy heels.

When he was done checking me out, his eyes once again rested on my face, his face devoid of any emotion. "I'm surprised you actually made it on time." He commented dryly, before moving his gaze back to his phone.

"I was stuck in traffic yesterday." I told.

"Tell them to have the conference room ready." He affirmed, ignoring what I said.

"I already did. They're setting everything up," I said, moving forwards toward his giant desk. "I emailed you the graphs you asked for."

"I know, I saw. Keep your notepad with you and takes notes during my presentation." He instructed.

"Okay." I replied.

"Are you forgetting something, Miss Woods?" He asked, finally putting his phone down and now looking at me with his usual piercing cold stare.

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"My coffee." He deadpanned, his eyes boring holes into my skull.

Shit!

"I'm so sorry. I'll get it immediately!" I gushed, hurriedly turning around only to trip over air and land on the hard, wooden floor.

Great. Not embarrassing at all.

Before I could help myself up, I noticed Blayze was now standing in front of me, his giant frame towering over my body as he gazed down at me as if I was the biggest disappointment to ever exist.

My body seemed to freeze on spot. For an instant, I tried helping myself up, only to land back down, on my hips this time, thanks to my heels. I winced at the impact on my hipbone.

Can this get any worse?

To my surprise, Blayze offered me his big hand. I stared at it for a couple moments, before taking it.

A gasp escaped my lips as he let go of my hand mid-way, causing me to fall to the floor once again. My mouth gaped open as pain shot through my hipbone up to my back. Blayze just impassively stared down at me, uttering a nonchalant "oops."

I propped my legs up, pushing myself off the floor, this time succeeding in getting myself onto my feet. "What can you expect from an awful guy like me?" His voice was mocking, his eyes holding humour and contempt at the same time.

"You're right about that." I glared at him with detest.

"Now you know how cranky I get when I don't have my morning coffee on time." He gestured me to the door with his head.

"You really are the devil." I hissed.

"Tell me something I don't know." He said nonchalantly.

I turned to leave immediately. As I walked to the coffee machine, thoughts of quitting the job circled around my mind. I took a deep breath, deciding to endure it. It would be for two months after all.

I carried the cup of espresso back to the cold man's office and placed it on his desk with intended force. He eyed the cup before eyeing me coldly. "Pick that up and place it back nicely." He commanded rather calmly.