54. "Why are you torturing me these days, Miss Woods? Or are you bored of me?"

(1607 words)

*Still Blayze's POV*

"I knew it was too good to be true." Mom sighed in disappointment.

"Mom, relax. That belongs to your daughter in law." I blurted.

"What?" Her eyes widened in shock.

I scratched the back of my head. "Yeah, I haven't been seeing other women because I've been seeing her."

Her jaw dropped to the floor. "Are you serious?"

I coughed. "Yeah."

"Oh my goodness, who is she? I have to meet her."

"Not yet, mom."

"Why not?" She retorted.

I sighed. "Mom, I'll introduce you to her when it's time. As for now, I'm already late for work. I need to get ready."

"Fine. I'll go now. But you better introduce her to me very soon."

"Sure, mom. Take care."

"Okay, Blayze. Goodbye."

"I'll walk you to the door." I said, walking behind her.

After seeing her off, I returned to my room where Mihrimah was leaning by the wall at the entrance of my walk in closet. Her eyes instantly met mine.

"Daughter in law, huh?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

I sighed. "Mom is always talking about marriage... excellent job, by the way. Leaving your panties on the floor."

She frowned at me. "As if I had enough time. Oh God, I can never meet her now."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because she was literally holding my panties!"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "She doesn't know they're yours. Relax."

She was quiet for a minute. "Yeah, of course. I'm not her daughter-in-law-to-be anyway." She said, walking to the couch to get her purse. It was then I realised she was fully dressed.

"Well you've never liked the idea of being Mrs. Dinosaur Faced Sea Monster anyway." I said, expecting her to laugh, but she didn't even smile.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, but she wouldn't meet my eyes.

She cleared her throat. "I need to go to work."

"Just give me a few minutes, I'll get dressed and drop you."

"No need. I already texted my driver. He'll be here any minute." She said, trying to walk past me, but I held her.

"Why did you do that? I could have taken you." I frowned.

"You have better things to do surely." She replied, finally meeting my eyes.

"What's the reason for this change in your behaviour?" I asked.

"There's no change." She said, looking away again.

"Mihrimah, you're confusing me."

She scoffed. "I'm confusing you?"

"What do you mean? What's going on with you?" I queried, confused and worried.

"Blayze, please let me go. I need to get to work and so do you." She tried pushing me away. I let my arms drop to the side, taking a step back.

"Will you at least tell me why you're suddenly upset?" I was at the verge of imploring.

"I'm not upset. I need to go. Bye." And with that, like the wind, she was gone. I wanted to go after her, but it seemed useless.