19. "Want me to carry you?"

(1324 words)

An hour after landing in L.A, I wound up at the hotel Blayze was at. He was sitting in the lobby, his attention on his phone, and a frown resting on his forehead.

I wheeled my small suitcase behind me as I walked up to him. Standing before him, I waited a couple minutes for him to acknowledge my presence, which he didn't.

"Hi." I finally spoke. That was when he looked up from his phone, his expression changing momentarily, but returning to his previous one so fast that I could barely register what emotion had flashed onto his face.

He quickly returned his attention to his phone. "Take a seat, Miss Woods." His tone was curt, but I couldn't care less. I was used to his cold and uncaring behaviour.

I sat down on the small couch next to his, taking in my surroundings. "Where's the meeting?" I asked.

"They're here. Let's go." He replied, getting onto his feet instantly, pushing his phone into his pants' pocket and straightening his well-pressed blazer.

I stood up once he began walking, wheeling my luggage behind me.

"Harrison, take Miss Woods' suitcase to the car. We'll meet you there in an hour." Blayze instructed a man, whom I instantly recognised to be his chauffeur and right hand.

"Sure, sir," he nodded his head at him. "I'll take that, Miss Woods." He reached out for my suitcase.

"Thank you." I replied, handing it to him.

"Follow me fast, Miss Woods." Blayze commanded, his feet picking up pace. I struggled to keep up with him in my heels.

"Can you slow down please?" I asked, only to be ignored.

"I— ah!" Tripping over air, I lost my balance, falling to the marbled floor.

I was once again on my hands and knees in front of Blayze.

Perhaps this is written down in my fate to happen over and over again.

I heard Blayze sigh and looked up to see him sporting a glare. "Don't look at me like that!" I reprimanded. "It's your fault for walking so fast!"

He offered me his hand. "If you can't walk right in heels, you shouldn't wear them."

It was my turn to glare at him. "I can walk in heels!" I argued, trying to get off the floor, but failing to do so because of my shoes.

Maybe I really need to switch to flats. At least while I'm with Blayze.

"Miss Woods, take my hand. You're making me late for the meeting." He insisted.

"If you let go, I might break my hip bone, and we'll have to wind up at the hospital, instead of the meeting." I warned.

He bent down, grabbing my hand forcefully and pulling me to my feet before I could even understand a thing. "Bold of you to assume I'd take you to the hospital and not leave you writhing in pain." He looked me dead in the eyes and then swiftly turned around, continuing to walk, this time at a slower pace.

The meeting went on longer than an hour. I keenly listened to each and everything said, and efficiently took notes, but the jet lag was beginning to kick in. I struggled to contain my yawns and maintain my upright posture, and just wished the whole thing would come to an end.

Blayze clearly wanted that project at any cost. My guess was that he didn't want his biggest rival to have it. Whoever got that business deal, was sure to profit off of it a lot more any of us could imagine.