56. "And if you were so brave, you wouldn't hide your face."

(1790 words)

My tyre had been shot. I could no longer be in my car. I could feel the blood on my forehead from when I hit my head on the steering wheel. I didn't have the time to tend to it or to stay in the car waiting for my impending doom.

I grabbed my phone and dashed out of the car into the woods. The call with Blayze had disconnected, and I could only hope that he would find me before I sustained any serious harm.

I could hear the person running behind me, and began to sprint even faster— as fast as my legs would allow me. I ran and ran without looking back, without stopping for even a second, until my legs started to give out.

Stumbling over a rock, I fell to the ground. Removing the strands of my hair from my face, I dared to look around. I was surrounded by darkness and plenty of trees. No one could be seen. I hoped with all my heart that I had managed to lose whoever was following me.

I crawled up to the nearest tree, resting my back against it. The first thing I did was put my phone on silent before it decided to ring and echo through the woods, giving my location away.

Then I opened it to text Blayze, only to find out that there were no signals. Shit. I wondered if Blayze would still be able to find me. I was in the middle of the forest. Even I didn't know how to find my way back to the main road. Would he be able to find me? Would anyone be able to find me?

I slowly stood up from the ground, cautiously moving forward. I was almost shaking with fear and could not even bear the thought of a jump scare. If that person suddenly showed up, he wouldn't have to kill me, I would die of a heart attack.

I wanted to cry. I felt feeble and helpless, and I absolutely despised those feelings. How the hell did my seemingly perfect life take such a u-turn? A few months ago, I was living comfortably, and now my life had turned into a scary thriller, with death and danger looming at every corner.

My phone picked up a weak signal, lifting my hope up. I could hear my heart in my ears.

Blayze had sent me multiple messages.

I quickly typed in a reply.

Me: I'm in the middle of the forest on the right side of the road. My tyre got shot. I don't even know where exactly I am. Please get me out of here.

He replied instantly.

Him: I'm in the area, and I think I see your car. Where is the person who was following you?

Me: I don't know. He was running after me, then I lost him. I don't even know if he's still here.

Him: don't worry. I'll find you.

Me: please be quick.

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. It's okay. You're going to be fine. This will all be over very—

"Found you." A sinister male voice spoke from behind.

Fuck.

It didn't sound like Ezra though.

I turned around to face him. As expected, his face was covered with a mask. "Who are you? One of Ezra's huntsmen?" I asked in a straight tone, not giving away my fear.

I could almost see him smirking behind the mask. "You aren't as brave as you let on. If you were, you wouldn't have run off the way you did."

I scowled at him. "And if you were so brave, you wouldn't hide your face."

He snickered, before whipping out a gun, pointing it at me.

Can this please be the moment where Blayze appears as my knight in shining armour and finishes this guy off before he finishes me?