16. "For the record, your ass is small."

(2183 words)

"Good morning." I chirped enthusiastically as I strutted into Blayze's office. He shot me a cold look from his seat, before returning his attention to his phone.

"Morning." He grumbled.

"Stand up, Blayze. Today I'll sit there." I declared, walking up to his desk and putting my palms on it.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "What did you just call me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Just your name. Not a profanity."

"Come on, get up." I gestured with my hand.

He shot me a death stare. "Behave yourself, Miss Woods. What is this behaviour?"

I tsked at him. "Blayze, I really need to get you those almonds."

"What the fuck are you on about?" He growled.

"Hey, don't lose your cool... app's doing great, did you hear?"

He adjusted his suit jacket, his anger diminishing. "Of course it's doing great. It's number 2 on the App Store at the moment, but it's very close to being number 1." His tone held pride.

"An honour, isn't it? Another successful app. To whom do you owe this one?" I smirked smugly.

"Miss Woods, did you fall again and hit your head? Or are you possessed?" He asked impatiently.

"You're the one who hit his head. How easily you forgot. You claimed to be my slave for a day if I fixed that error." I reminded.

He gave me an 'are you insane' look. "You didn't think I was serious?"

"You very much were. We had a deal." I said.

"Miss Woods, return to your work." He deadpanned.

I smirked at him. "Is Blayze Colton unable to keep his word?"

He shot me a glare. "Fine," he finally gave in, after a few minutes of angry staring. "I'll do whatever you ask of me today."

I beamed. "Great. Now stand up. I'll sit in this chair today."

"That can not happen. If someone sees, it won't be good for either of us." He asserted.

"You just said you'd do whatever." I reminded him.

He sighed frustratedly, before getting up from his boss chair and gesturing me with his hand to take it.

I smiled triumphantly and settled in the comfy leather seat. "Ohhh this is so comfortable." I uttered, grinning to irk him.

His jaw was clenched to the point it seemed he would break all his teeth, disdain and rage evident in his eyes, but he had no choice other than to contain it.

"Blayze, get me a cappuccino." I commanded.

He scowled. "I am not your sla—" he stopped mid-sentence.

I grinned at him while he glared at me. "You were saying?" I taunted.

"I'll get you your coffee." He said, looking like a vein might pop in his forehead. I gave him a big smile that served no purpose other than to mock and irk him.

He turned around, leaving to get my coffee. I gazed up at the ceiling in contentment, smiling from ear to ear. I was going to make that sea monster have the worst day of his life.

Minutes later, he returned, with a hard look on his face and a cup of coffee in his hands. His eyes met mine, turning colder and holding more contempt than before as he walked to his desk where I sat in his big, boss chair.