58. "Don't you feel anything for me?"

(1450 words)

I stood before my vanity, dressed in a black dress that reached a little above my knees. I put on a deep red lipstick over my lips and some blush, then wore my favourite diamond studs, followed by my favourite perfume. I brushed my hair, letting them fall past my back in loose waves, and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I wanted to look perfect.

On my neck I adorned the sun and moon diamond encrusted necklace Blayze had gifted me. One of the most thoughtful gifts he had given me. Thinking back, I realised that he had shown me numerous romantic gestures, done multiple selfless things for me. He had gone out of his way one too many times. Just for me. He may not have verbally told me he loved me, but he showed it time and time again. Is it not love going out of your way just to see them smile? Do the heartwarming, passionate kisses that breathe me back to life not embody love? Is it not love being there for you? Saving you, protecting you, caring for you?

We had come too far. We knew too much about each other, that didn't just pertain to our bodies. We had been vulnerable around each other, let our guards down. We hadn't just touched each other's bodies, we had touch each other's souls.

And I was happy with him. The happiest and most carefree I had ever been. He had showed me a side of passion and romance that I had only read about in books.

I had one hundred percent fallen in love with Blayze Colton. The man that I initially couldn't stand, the man I swore to never be with. I opened my heart to him, and now to him it belonged. I was in love with Blayze Colton. Profoundly, madly and passionately.

And he had to know.

It was high time he learned that.

I stepped into my black high heels, grabbing my purse afterwards. Giving myself one last look in the mirror, I drove to Blayze's place.

My heartbeat refused to calm down the entire way. I was excited, yet scared. But I couldn't keep my feelings to myself any longer. If only my confession could be followed by his, everything would be perfect.

I arrived at his place a little later than 9:00 because of the traffic. My enthusiasm wouldn't even allow me to park the car properly. I wanted to leave it there, hop out and run up to Blayze.

My imagination was all about him telling me he loved me too, then wrapping his arms around me and kissing me to prove that he certainly did.

He had given me a spare key to his house, using which I easily entered and headed straight upstairs. Knocking on his door, I awaited a reply.

"Come in." He called, and I instantly pushed the door open in excitement.

He stood by the glass windows in his room, leaning against them. I walked up to him, until there was a small distance between us. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears.

He made no move.

"Blayze, I need to say something," I began, holding his gaze. His hazel eyes were hooded in contrast to my light brown ones that shone like the stars in the sky. He didn't respond, just kept looking at me. I took that as a cue to continue. I took a deep breath. "I need to ask you this in retrospect of all that has happened between us...do you love me?... because I have fallen for you." I whispered the last part. My heartbeat was more of a mess than before. My nerves were at an all time high. Fear, thrill and hope swirled in my veins as I awaited his response. Fear of his denial, thrill of finally saying my feelings out loud, and hope of him confessing that he felt the same way.

I nervously gazed into his eyes that looked back into mine, devoid of any emotion at all. Those hazel eyes looked hollow. No warmth, no emotion, nothing.