67. "I care more about Mihrimah, if I'm being honest."

Start from the beginning

"I care more about Mihrimah, if I'm being honest." He replied.

"Good," said mom. "Eat your food." She pointed with her eyes to his place that he hadn't even touched.

He nodded, spooning his food. "This is so good, Mrs. Woods." He complimented after taking a bite.

Mom smiled. "I could barely cook when I got married. It took me so long to finally learn."

"You taught Mihrimah to make coffee, right? It's the most incredible I have ever tasted." He replied. His body had now relaxed.

Mom beamed, nodding her head as she chewed on her food.

"That coffee was one of the reasons she won me over." Dad commented, making us laugh.

"Mihrimah told me you fell in love at first sight." Said Blayze, eating his food alongside.

Dad nodded, smiling as if reminiscing that time.

"What about your parents?" Mom questioned.

"They had a marriage of convenience, then fell in love later." I answered for Blayze.

"That's adorable." Mom commented with a smile.

"How's your job going?" Blayze asked her.

"It's stressful, but it's what I love doing. It's going well." She replied.

"Maybe you and Mihrimah should collaborate on more projects in the future." Dad suggested randomly.

"I have that in mind." Blayze replied. As Blayze and dad engaged in conversation about something business related, I sneakily stroked Blayze's thigh, making his breathing hitch.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked, her eyebrows shooting up as she observed him.

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." He cleared his throat.

"Do you want some water?" She asked.

"No, I'm good, thanks." He replied, wrapping his hand around mine beneath the table and holding it firmly as he gave it a warning squeeze.

The dinner continued peacefully, with all of us chatting, smiling and laughing. The night ended on a good note.

"Dinner was amazing. Thank you once again, for having me." Blayze thanked my parents.

"It was nice having you. Visit us often, whenever you'd like." Mom replied.

"Thank you, Mrs. Woods."

"My purpose for inviting you to dinner wasn't just to acquaint myself with my daughter's boyfriend," she said. My breath got caught in my lungs. What was she going to say? Blayze looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "I also wanted to thank you properly for saving her life, more than once from what I've heard."

I let out a breath of relief.

"Mrs. Woods, you don't have to thank me. I would have lost the meaning of my life if I lost her, so you could say it was a bit of a selfish motive." He grinned slightly at the end.

A big smile spread on mom's face.

"I'll get going now. Thank you, again. Good night." He said. After saying his final goodbyes to my parents, he turned to me.

"Good night, Mihrimah." His voice was low, his eyes reflecting how he wanted to wrap his arms around me and kiss me senseless.

I bit my lip. "Good night." I whispered.

Dad cleared his throat. "We'll just head upstairs. Why don't you walk him out, Mihrimah?"

I refrained from smiling as mom and dad retreated, obviously to give us privacy. I walked Blayze to the door, where he leaned down to kiss me.

Pulling away, he said, "I'm going to tell my parents about you. Tonight, positively."

"Okay." I whispered, my eyes gleaming as I looked up at him.

"I'm guessing next dinner will be at my parents house." He said.

I giggled. "I hope your parents will like me."

"Who can't possibly like you?" He asked.

"Well you didn't in the beginning." I reminded him.

He smiled a little sheepishly. "I was stupid then."

I laughed softly. "Okay, go. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay, good night." He said, giving me a final kiss on the forehead.

____________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry it's a short one. But to make up for that, the next chapter will be here on Saturday.

Don't forget to vote and comment. See you guys Saturday.