26|SHE'S ALL I THINK ABOUT

Start from the beginning

I place my plate in the sink before walking up the stairs and into my room.

Almost immediately, I call Olwethu and she answers after two rings. "Hey" She beams the second her face comes in contact with the screen..

"You did you hair?" I ask almost immediately. "Mhm, and my nails too" She waves her hand.

"You look gorgeous" I softly smile and she looks down, hiding her now red face.

"Thank you" She says, as she looks back up. Before I can say anything there's a knock at the door making me divert my attention towards it.

"Melo, Ngicela sikhulume" I look back down at my phone. "Can I call you back late?" I ask.

"Of course, bye" She hangs up and I get up walking towards the door, slightly opening it.

"Can't we talk tomorrow?" I sigh as I look down at her. "This has been going on for too long... We need to talk immediately" She informs and I open my door wider.

"Le ndawo iyinhlamba" She looks around my room. "Kodwa ma, imicamelo nje" I huff as I walk towards her.

"It's still a mess, hlala phansi" She gestures to the couch in my room. I sit down and she sits next to me.

"What's going on with you Melokuhle?" She finally asks. "Nothing" I lie. "You're my son, I gave birth to you, I raised you and I definately know when something's wrong with you. Is it because of Olwethu?" She raises an eyebrow.

"It doesn't matter" I try getting up and she stops me. "They had to go, it's what's best for the both of you and everyone else" She interjects...

"You forced her to leave the province because it's what's best for us?! You're being selfish Ma!" I raise my voice at her.

"Don't talk to me like that. Your father and I are doing everything in our powers to ensure that our legacy doesn't crumble" She tries to justify.

"So you try to kill her brother and send them away because you don't want anyone to mess with your illegal dealings?!" I scoff.

"You've always to leave this life behind and live a normal life but now you're the cause of the pain that everyone's experiencing..." I add.

"I'm just trying to protect my family! If you can't escape the life then you have to embrace it Melo'' She shrugs.

"You're ruining my life!" I exclaim. "I'm doing all this for you and your siblings!" She shouts.

"I didn't ask you to do all this! The one person I truly cared about and you sent her away, It's like you don't want me to be happy at all!" I get up, grab my car keys and phone.

"Uyaphi, ngikhuluma nawe Melokuhle!" She shouts running after me as I walk out.

"Melokuhle!" She shouts as I head for the door. "What's going on in here?" Sphesihle enters with a frown..

"I don't know ask your mother" I reach for the door handle. "I'm doing this for yo-'' I cut her off.

"Don't lie to me. Leave me alone I want nothing to do with you" I glare at her. "Haibo... The golden child has finally shown his true colours" Sphesihle claps her hands.

"Hey Melokuhle this Melokuhle that, Buka manje ma, useyakuphika. Ngangingakaze ngicabange ukuthi lolu suku lungafika" She beams as she glances at me...

I ignore her as I open the door and walk out. I head into the garage, enter my car and drive off.

My mind drifts off as I peacefully drive out of the neighborhood. My phone starts ringing nonstop and I ignore it, knowing who's calling me.

I park my car across the street as I stare at her now empty house. I sigh as I pull out mu phone, FaceTiming her.

"He- Are you outside my house?" She cuts herself off as she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yes. I just needed a breath of fresh air" I sigh. "Are you okay? You sound drained" She asks as she sits up.

"I-No. I'm not okay Olwethu" I mutter out. "Do mind talking about it?" She fidles with what seems so be her fingers.

I've noticed that she does that when she's nervous. "It's nothing important. Don't stress about it" I shrug it off.

"Kodwa Melokuhl-" I cut her off.

"I don't want to talk about it Olwethu. Please" I interrupt her. "Okay, bye then" She reaches to hang up.

"I didn't say you could hang up" I frown. "Since you don't want to tell me what's clearly bothering you, I'm going to study. You'll call me when you're ready to communicate" She informs.

"But-" She cuts me off.

"Goodnight Melokuhle" She widely grins. "Fine I'll tell you" I give in. "I'm waiting" She leans her head back on her chair.