65. "Me nearly dying came to be of use after all."

Start from the beginning

She looked at me like I had lost my mind. "Toasted what?"

"Sunshine, please."

She frowned again. "Sir, I don't know you. Don't call me nicknames please."

"Mihrimah, you have to remember me. I... we... we were working together and we..." I struggled to breathe and put words together.

"We slept multiple times. All that you did was simply to break my pride and get me in your bed..."

My eyebrows scrunched up. "Wait, you remember—"

"You can have me wrapped around your finger and leave me in the blink of an eye." She continued, repeating my words that I dreaded ever saying.

"No, sunshine. I can expl—"

I heard her inhale deeply. "All that you said that night was a lie, wasn't it? You said it in an attempt to protect me?"

She knew.

"Not a single word held truth. I didn't mean any of it." I told her truthfully.

She watched me quietly for a minute. "You're so silly, you know that?"

I nodded my head in agreement. "Yeah."

"You've been crying?" She asked.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Very." She replied.

"You remember me?" I asked to be sure.

"Yes, I remember you. I'm not suffering from amnesia. You literally broke my heart. You deserve a bit of a scare." She said.

She remembers me. Oh thank God.

I smiled sadly. "Yes," I began, taking her small hand in mine. "You asked me if I loved you, right? Yes, I do. I love you." The last word came out as a genuine whisper as I held her gaze. It felt good to confess it out loud. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Her eyes were wide as she gazed back at me, clearly surprised. "Really?" She whispered.

"Really." I whispered back, giving her hand a squeeze.

We continued to look at each other for minutes, without speaking a word. Even our peaceful silence was enough. As long as we were together.

"Did Ezra get away again?" She broke the silence.

I sighed, tensing up. "Yeah."

She sighed too. "Blayze?" I looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "It's our turn. It's time for our revenge."

I nodded, kissing her hand. "I promise I won't let the people who did this to you get away with it."

"Carter too," She said, and I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion. "He teamed up with Ezra."

"What?"

"In exchange for monetary benefits," she rolled her eyes. "You were right. He's a trash can."

I palmed my face. "Don't worry. We have Ezra's wife. He can't try anything now."

"He has a wife?" She frowned in confusion.

"Yeah."

"Does she know what he does?" She asked, bewildered.

"Yup."

She scoffed. "What a woman."

"I know right," I agreed, kissing her hand again. "You don't think about any of this right now, okay? You just rest and focus on healing."