“I’m sorry.”

“Look at me straight. Keep your eyes open and snap out of it!”

Ah.

For the first time, Juliet thought she might die like this.

“Don’t underestimate the barrier, miss.”

Of all times, Pope Hildegard’s words came to mind.

“If you overstep, you’ll be punished.”

‘Maybe I’m being punished.’

A human who doesn’t know how to handle divine power will be cursed if they act recklessly.

It seems that wasn’t a metaphor.

“Juliet?”

Her consciousness kept fading.

The last thing Juliet remembered was voices shouting desperately trying to wake her up.

“Juliet!”

* * *

For once, Juliet had a pleasant dream. It was neither a recurring nightmare nor a horrible memory from the past.

With the sounds of flowing water and the wind, Juliet sat on a small boat.

She didn’t know who was rowing the boat or who sat behind her, but she didn’t look back. She just sat at the bow, dipping her hand into the water, wanting to touch two white fish swimming gracefully beneath her.

She stretched out her hand a little further. The moment her fingertips brushed against a fish, Juliet slowly opened her eyes.

The first thing she saw was…

A familiar ceiling.

“…My room.”

Juliet looked around.

She wasn’t in the Lebatan mansion in the East or the Duke’s mansion in the North. It was the mansion of the Count Monad’s house, where she was born and raised.

The bed she used since she was a child and the worn-out dolls were all there. The white curtains fluttered from the open window. The wind felt refreshingly pleasant on her skin. She felt light.

‘It’s strange.’

Juliet closely examined the back and palm of her hands. Something felt different, but she couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was.

What has changed?

The chirping of birds, the sound of the wind, and then…

“…Juliet?”

“Ah, Roy.”

Turning to the voice calling her name, Juliet saw Roy standing at the door, looking quite handsome in a simple shirt and pants.

Approaching the parlor near the entrance, Juliet peeked in and spotted a redhead sitting in a bad posture.

“Hello, Teo.”

“What? When you… Agh!”

Crash!

Teo, who was leaning back on his chair with his legs up on the table out of habit, fell backward.

Forgetting about his fall and his dignity, Teo quickly got up and lashed out at Juliet.

“Hey! Was that how you greet someone?”

It seemed like Teo’s outburst woke up the entire mansion’s people.

The previously quiet mansion became lively in an instant.