Chapter 171: Forbidden Magic (2)

Comincia dall'inizio

As the saying goes, "One's clothes get wet in light rain," and it's only a matter of time before Alvenheim's perspective on the Dark Elves gradually changes. If the Alvenheim citizens view the Dark Elves even slightly differently, it won't be long before they are allowed into Alvenheim.

No matter how hard Arwen tries, if the people of Alvenheim continue to fear the Dark Elves, assimilation will be nearly impossible. However, through Xenon's Biography, if their perspectives change, they can overcome misunderstandings and take a step forward.

To prevent that from happening, Fieren planned to censor Volume 14 of Xenon's Biography. The pretext was the presence of forbidden magic, but the real reason was the dangerous intent hidden within.

"Sigh... Fieren, the Grand Councilor."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Is this really because of the Dark Elves? You also know well the significance of Elves and Dark Elves fusing in this book. It represents the unity of two races that were once divided by the past conflicts. It might be a very sensitive matter for some individuals who insist on purity of blood."

"The Dark Elves are those who hide in the darkness. We can't trust those who don't even show their faces."

When Arwen pointed out sharply, Fieren seemed to have no intention of concealing his true feelings anymore, and he expressed his inner thoughts. Arwen almost showed a scornful expression but managed to suppress it.

In the end, his obsession with purity of blood remained. Though uniting was dangerous, and the fusion might be a forbidden magic, it's merely a pretext.

On this occasion, disregarding the usual protocol and even displaying rudeness, he had come to the Audience Chamber, leaving the members of the parliament behind. But nothing had changed. It was evident that Fieren had rushed in recklessly, speaking out of turn and causing a commotion.

"However, Your Majesty must also be aware of the danger of the fusion. It's a highly perilous magic. By now, it must be impossible to conceal it since it was already discovered. Before the forbidden magic spreads widely among the Dark Elves and others, we must quickly ban its publication."

"You know that it isn't practically feasible, don't you? Alvenheim has been engaging in exchanges with other countries for decades now. Moreover, Xenon's Biography has recently gained immense popularity even within Alvenheim. Are we suddenly going to halt all of that? Don't you know it would erode trust in diplomacy?"

In the past, Xenon's Biography was only read by a few in Alvenheim, but after the 12th volume, the demand skyrocketed.

Firstly, the fact that the heroine, Mary, is an Elf, attracted a lot of attention. And the tragic love story of Kair and Elisha caused a social stir and there was the half-blood situation.

Above all, even if by chance, the revelation of the contamination of the World Tree's roots was enough to capture the Elves' interest. Thanks to this, the publishing house was enjoying exceedingly happy days.

"Of course, I understand that. But even if the publishing house is unaware, isn't mentioning the Minerva Empire a sensitive matter? Even if Xenon were from the Michelle Territory, nobody knows where he currently resides. The authority over Xenon's Biography lies not with the Minerva Empire but with the publishing house."

However, Fieren was not to be taken lightly. As he said, Xenon, or rather Isaac, had only mentioned being from the Michelle Territory, without granting authority to the Minerva Empire.

If Isaac were to reveal his identity and join the Minerva Empire, things might have been different, but for now, the situation remains the same. Moreover, there is a high possibility that a worst-case scenario, "serial discontinuation," could occur if the higher-ups caused harm to the publishing company.