Chapter 159: Winter Break (3)

Start from the beginning

"It's, it's peaceful here. And even though it's a rural domain, it's slowly developing. I heard that it will grow into a cultural city in about five years."

"Well, that may be true, but wouldn't it be okay to go elsewhere and gain experience during those five years?"

"Well..."

The interview continued just like a normal interview. It seemed like Adelia was at a loss for words due to my father's consecutive questions, and her lips trembled. If it continues like this, father might suspect something, but fortunately, mother intervened appropriately.

"While that's true, you could also receive training under him. How amazing that would be, right?"

"Hmm."

Father coughed, perhaps feeling embarrassed by mother's praise. Thanks to her, Adelia let out a faint sigh of relief.

However, crises have a way of striking all at once. Father didn't stop asking questions.

"Well, since there was Nicole's recommendation, I won't ask any more questions. But there's one thing I want to ask."

"Yes, yes! Please ask."

"Are you really suitable for the commoner role? There are many suspicious aspects, such as the subtle mannerisms and dining etiquette. It's hard to believe you're a commoner."

"... ..."

As soon as he asked that question, Adelia was taken aback. Habits, by their nature, were deeply ingrained and difficult to change. Until her admission to the Academy, Adelia had lived in the Ters Kingdom, where she would have received education in the basic etiquette and manners of a royal.

Even if she was a bastard, she should at least know the basics to avoid unnecessary criticism. It should be seen as her struggling to endure, even if only a little.

And the occasional habits that appeared intermittently were enough to make the observer suspicious. Above all, her exceptionally beautiful appearance, which was far too lovely to be a commoner's, occupied the largest portion.

"If it's difficult to speak, you don't have to say anything. Everyone has their circumstances. First, just let me know if you're a commoner or of noble birth."

"... ..."

Adelia hesitated for a long time after hearing father's question. Her two hands clenched tightly on her thighs, and her head bowed down.

Not only could she not see the faces of my parents across from her, but I also couldn't examine her face. Her shoulder-length chestnut hair covered her face like a curtain.

Just as the time of deliberation was about to lengthen, father was the first to put an end to the situation.

"Enough. You don't have to speak if you don't want to."

"Ah...! Th-That is..."

Before Adelia could even speak, father spoke first.

"Originally, a person with an uncertain past is not suitable as a bodyguard."

At his words, Adelia's complexion turned paler than pale.

"However, Nicole earnestly requested it, so let it go. According to Nicole, even though you may be mischievous, you can be trusted."

"T-Then..."

"Welcome to Baron Michelle's estate, Sir Cross. Take good care of our Isaac from now on."

"Ah...!"

When Father called her "Sir Cross" instead of her name, Adelia's expression brightened like the sun. She always wondered why, but Adelia truly looked best with a bright face.