Chapter 135: To Alvenheim (2)

Start from the beginning

"What should I do? Should I cheer you on? Or should I pat your head?"

"...Don't treat me like a child. Even though I may look like this, I've lived many times longer than you."

"For a grandma, you seem to enjoy teasing me a lot."

"You... sigh."

Instead of getting annoyed at being called "grandma," Arwen patted her chest as if comforting herself. After being teased so much about being a grandmother, she seemed to have grown accustomed to it.

In fact, it's only possible to call her "grandma" because she's Arwen. I tried it once jokingly with Cecily, and she almost tore my ear off, so I would never do it again.

On the other hand, Arwen's reactions are quite amusing. Even if she acts like a child most of the time, when teased like this, she tries hard to act like an adult.

When she gets upset, she pouts like a rabbit that had its food taken away, and it was difficult to stop her from sulking.

"...The only human who can converse with me without any pretenses is you."

"Is that a way of saying I'm special?"

"Well..."

I said it as a joke, but Arwen stared at me intensely. Because of that, I ended up feeling embarrassed.

Meanwhile, she nodded her head and calmly opened her mouth, speaking with a composed voice.

"In a way, it could be possible. I've never made human friends while living in human society, you see."

"Huh? Weren't you from Alvenheim?"

"I'm a half-blood with human blood mixed in. It seems I forgot to mention that."

Arwen being a half-blood was quite surprising news. It was due to the prejudice that the Queen of Alvenheim would naturally be a pureblood.

However, as Cindy mentioned last time, Arwen didn't receive any sponsorship from the prestigious families and rose to the position of queen through her own abilities. If she were an ordinary elf, it might have been suspicious, but being a half-blood changes the story.

"I had no idea. So, did you live in the human world until one of your parents passed away naturally?"

"My mother gave birth to me and shortly after, she left this world."

"Uh... I'm sorry."

It feels like I asked for no reason. I'm worried that I may have touched a wound.

Fortunately, Arwen seemed indifferent and reassured me, shaking her head. Then, with a nostalgic gaze, she began to recall past memories, one by one.

"After my mother passed away, my father took me and we traveled all around the world. He taught me to see the bright and dark sides of humans, and to make their strengths my own. It served me well in Alvenheim, and I could even become a queen."

"Did you manipulate the prestigious families?"

"You could say something similar. I asked them to lend me their power to restrain the Council. As the power of the noble families in the Council grew, they deemed it necessary to have a means of control, so they aided me."

"What about the Academy? Didn't you attend?"

According to Cindy, I heard that the elves of Alvenheim receive education at a place called the First Academy until the age of 50. They say one becomes a walking library, but that's only because they focus solely on education until they turn 50. Of course, it's not like education is forced upon them like in some countries, so there are no complaints as they immerse themselves in what they enjoy.