Chapter 122: Book 11 (3)

Start from the beginning

"Social phenomena are just as complex for humans."

Just like the saying, 'Kids these days have no manners,' right?

It's a very famous phrase from not only the 21st century, but even from ancient times. Ironically, those unruly kids are the ones who end up changing the world.

"But why do you ask that? Intergenerational conflict is common among humans as well."

"That's true, but the Elves have a particularly strong tendency to conform to rules and regulations, unlike humans. Professor, you know about the case where Ikehr, the former commander, was arrested during the war, right?"

"Of course, I do. Ikehr was one of the few Elves who understood human combat tactics, but he was arrested by the council for violating the law. Even as an Elf, I couldn't understand it."

"Although I've mentioned it several times before, the Elves had such a lack of conformity during the race war that it was hard to understand."

On the surface, it may seem like the elves were fighting with one heart and one mind, but that's only a superficial story, as seen in the case of the arrest of Ikehr, the former warrior leader. Furthermore, Arwen told me that the Dark Elves tried to send support, but the council flatly rejected it, citing their status as outcasts. Despite being outmatched by the human alliance, the Dark Elves were refused their help because of their status as exiles.

On the other hand, humans did not hesitate to use any means necessary to gain victory. Sending assassins was standard practice, and they even blocked supply routes, regardless of the sacrifices that had to be made.

However, due to the complexity of politics, the aftermath of the race war was horrific. One of the most prominent conflicts that still persists is the ongoing tension between the Minerva Empire and the Ters Kingdom.

I listened carefully to Elena's explanation and thought deeply before cautiously offering my opinion.

"Do you really think it's impossible for the elves to unify as one? Although in a large-scale war like the race war, it may be difficult to follow laws and regulations."

"The queen probably won't, but the council might bring it up. Even if a tiger loses its teeth, it's still a tiger. Like what you wrote on the exam last time, history tends to repeat itself."

"It sounds like it's very difficult."

"Yes. Above all, there's not much difference between the new and old generations. I'm not sure if it's a racial trait, but elves tend to firmly believe that they are right. That's why figures like Ikehr, the former warrior leader, stood out even more."

It seemed that this was something that should be written as fiction. As Elena, who had an objective perspective, said, the elven race seemed to have a disturbing lack of flexibility.

Arwen, as a new generation elf, is implementing various radical policies in various ways, befitting her status. However, occasionally, she shows inflexibility, as with my current errand runner, Siris. I remember summoning her once before, and she appeared while taking a bath. I was so surprised that I sent her back right away.

"Does this mean that it's even more impossible for the reconciliation between elves and dark elves?"

"I can't give a definite answer to that. I hardly know what kind of people dark elves are and what their purpose is. I know about their history, but I haven't had a single friendly relationship with any of them for over 200 years. It's one of the major items on my current research list."

In reality, dark elves are one of the unknown races with little known information. Occasionally, they reveal themselves to the world, attracting the attention of many, but nobody knows what their purpose is.