Chapter 49: Seven Deadly Sins (2)

Start from the beginning

If it had been Earth, it would have been a common concept that anyone would have overlooked without much thought, but it was quite different here. The concept of the Seven Deadly Sins was enough to shock the clergy.

The fact that sins were strictly divided into seven categories was surprising enough, but the problem was that these sins were not limited to humans but applied to all races.

The concept of the Seven Deadly Sins was like a framework or paradigm presented to the clergy living in this world. Many theologians have presented various theories so far, but there has been no concept that everyone can agree on like the Seven Deadly Sins.

Especially since Xenon's Biography has a huge impact on the world, it is inevitable that it attracts attention, unlike just any other novel.

"However, I'm not sure if it's really okay to borrow the story from the novel... we don't know how knowledgeable the author is in theology."

Of course, there were not only positive opinions but also negative opinions. The consensus was whether it is right to apply the concepts that appeared in the novel to academia.

Their opinions were reasonable, but...

"Well, then, can Archbishop Hans present a concept as clear as the Seven Deadly Sins?"

"...No, I cannot."

"We know what Archbishop Hans is worried about. The author may not even be a clergyman. However, he surely conducted in-depth research. Otherwise, he wouldn't have presented the Seven Deadly Sins."

Almost all of their arguments were refuted.

The influence of Xenon's Biography was strong, but they had mistaken it because the concept itself was so novel. The author of Xenon's Biography is knowledgeable in theology as much as he is experienced.

In addition, people speculate that the author of Xenon's Biography is an old philosopher. Not a young blue blooded boy like Isaac.

From Isaac's perspective, the settings that were useful in his past life were simply adopted without any paradigm shift, but for others, it was nothing short of shaking the foundations of theology with a seemingly obvious setting.

"And the concept of the Seven Deadly Sins is not limited to our Luminous Order. It should be applied to the concept of theology itself."

"Does that mean we have to collaborate with other denominations?"

One of the archbishops frowned and expressed his dissatisfaction. The Luminous Order has a wide range of beliefs, so it is not uncommon for them to dislike other denominations.

Of course, on the surface, they have a good relationship with other denominations. It's just that the Luminous Order has the greatest power, not that other denominations are weak.

When the elderly bishop expressed his dissatisfaction, he shook his head.

"No. It would be best to conduct research within our denomination for now. We don't know how Mora and Hirt will react."

"Well... I understand. Then, what do you plan to do about finding this author?"

The archbishop asked if they were going to find Isaac, the author of Xenon's Biography. The bishop looked down and pondered.

Isaac, who presented the framework that was so difficult to propose, even if it was just a misconception. He wanted to ask him right away what the concept of the Seven Deadly Sins was exactly.

But at least for now, they couldn't do that. It was because of his health condition, as mentioned in the newspaper.

"It's not possible right now. I heard his health is not good, so it might be burdensome if we visit him for no reason."