Chapter 43: Crisis (2)

Start from the beginning

Occasionally, some noble families treat their children as political tools, but our mother was not like that. She was just a normal mother of an ordinary family.

With a sincere smile on my face, I slowly read through the letter my mother had written, and the graceful handwriting made my eyes naturally happy.

[Your father did write a letter telling you to take care of yourself, but you don't have to worry too much. Even if you were caught, our family will protect you. Especially, you may not know, but your father was the leader of a famous knight order in his heyday. So even if you were caught, they wouldn't easily harm us even in the palace. Don't worry. If anything happens, your father will personally go to the palace.]

I couldn't even guess what kind of person he was in the past when they say that they wouldn't easily harm us even in the palace. After all, he gave up his count status and became a baron, and according to what Rina told me, it is certain that he is an unusual person.

He seems like a stereotype of a hidden master that you would see in a novel. However, it is certain that he has a dark past, considering that he himself has chosen to receive a lower rank. Especially since he declared retirement at a fairly young age.

[...Therefore, our family is always supporting you. Don't overdo it and keep doing what you want to do. Love, Mom.]

Even after reading all of the letter, the aftertaste lingered. Although my mother had said that she was good at writing in the past, I could tell from the letter that it was definitely not an empty boast.

Her handwriting was so fluent and beautiful, almost to the point of being described as exquisite. The words she wrote were also very moving. There was nothing missing.

'...I shouldn't disappoint her.'

Although she teasingly urged to know when Jin and Lily would get together, it was only a joke. On the contrary, my mother didn't like the story being forced to go in a strange direction due to external pressures.

After rereading my mother's letter once again, I neatly folded it and put it in the desk drawer. The first drawer contained manuscript paper and spare notebooks, while the second drawer stored letters my parents had sent me.

'First of all...'

Having finished everything I needed to do today, I sat down in a chair and began writing a letter instead of reading about Xenon's Biography. The letter was full of worries, so I felt that I needed to ease those concerns.

Of course, it seemed best to mention that due to circumstances, the next volume of Xenon's Biography would not be released for at least another two months.

'The tail was stepped on... since there's nothing I can do about it, I'll just write'

I wrote a reply with a much more relaxed mind through my mother's letter.

*****

The Minerva Empire is one of the strongest nations in human society. Not only is its territory vast, but its military and economic power are also unrivaled.

As a result, every single statement uttered by the Empire carries significant influence throughout the world, to the extent that other races cannot ignore them.

However, even the Minerva Empire has a country that has been evaluated as an eternal enemy since ancient times, and that is the Ters Kingdom.

Compared to the Minerva Empire, the Ters Kingdom has relatively weak military and economic power, but one thing that stands out overwhelmingly is its soft power, namely, 'culture'.