A Thousand Years? Or Three?

It was getting close to a year since Sarawat and Tine had reunited. Sarawat realized that all of his and Tine's firsts took place over the course of three weeks. They met on a Friday. Tine woke up after Pam's attack on his friends and family on the following Friday. And two Fridays after that, Tine proposed to Sarawat and Sarawat changed Tine into a vampire.

     Sarawat had wanted to whisk Tine away for a well-earned month-long vacation celebration, but Tine had vetoed it. He said there were too many projects going on during that timeframe and that there was already an event booked on their chosen mate ceremony anniversary that they needed to attend, but he promised after the event they could go out for a night on the town just the two of them to celebrate. Sarawat had pouted but acquiesced.

     Life had been so busy that they had trouble picking a date for the actual ceremony. Every time they would come close to picking a date, a million other things would come at them and force them to push it back. Sarawat knew his desire for the ceremony and legal piece of paper was irrational in the face of the other actions they had already performed to prove their undying commitment to each other, but he'd just spent too many centuries of being denied for him to not want it.

     Sarawat was flying back in from an out of country business meeting in the early afternoon of their one-year anniversary from when Tine had proposed to him. Once he arrived home, he'd have just enough time to get ready and meet Tine for the event Tine said they were expected to attend. He was expecting Tine to be at the runway so Sarawat could see him while they got ready for the event together. He knew Tine had promised they would go out and celebrate after the event, but Sarawat was still a little huffy because, after the traveling and the event, would they even have the energy left to enjoy the evening?

     If anything, Sarawat was sulking a little. One, Sarawat realized Tine had never actually answered him when he'd asked what the event was they needed to attend or why it superseded their anniversary. Tine had always managed to circumvent the question, and he'd never been able to get anything from investigating into because there was no record as to what it was or who it was for. Sarawat even suspicioned that there was no event at all and Tine was making excuses to not want to go on a vacation with him.

     He was also sulking because he had wanted Tine to go on the foreign business trip with him and Tine had refused to go. Tine had given a million excuses, but none of them had been enough to warrant Tine not coming with him. So Sarawat chalked it up to Tine simply not wanting to go. Between the suspicion that Tine didn't want to spend their anniversary together, or even go on the business trip with him, had made the old vampire a little surly.

     The business trip had been successful. Sarawat had spent almost a week out of the country and he was a little desperate to get back to Tine. He wasn't just feeling physically needy; he was feeling emotionally needy. Even though they had spent every moment they could on video calls, they had been so busy that it hadn't equated to near enough time for Sarawat in the long run.

     He was lost in thought as they flew over the park towards the skyscrapers. Sarawat looked down, remembering the event that had taken place exactly one year ago, and noticed the park was elegantly decorated. He assumed it must be the event that Tine said they had to make an appearance for and wondered idly what it was as he appreciated the bird's-eye view of the event layout. A part of him was just thankful that there actually was an event, and that Tine hadn't purposely used an excuse to avoid their anniversary, although it still didn't explain why Tine had never told him what it was.

     The decorations looked very warm and rustic, there were browns, whites, and greens that were prevalent throughout the park, and what appeared to be rows and rows of chairs surrounding an elevated walkway leading to a podium. It was extremely earthy and elegant. It was soothing decorations like this that Sarawat preferred. So many people liked to go for the glam and glitzy style, but that was too much for him. He preferred seeing how elegant a setting could be with just simple touches of elegance.