Staking a Claim

Tine was not a cuddler, especially in bed. It was a consistent complaint Tine had received throughout his dating history from his previous lovers. People's body heat irritated Tine's skin, and he found it difficult to be comfortable. But as with other things Tine had found irritating with others, Sarawat was different. Sarawat's body temperature was cooler than a human's regular temperature. He wasn't cold, but he didn't run as warm as humans did, either. His natural body temperature was lukewarm, making Tine's ability to be cuddled without feeling uncomfortable skyrocket. Tine also knew deep down the difference between his abilities to cuddle others and his abilities to cuddle Sarawat truly came from their emotional dependence and reverence for each other. So despite Tine's general reticence in being held in bed, Tine couldn't deny that he'd fallen in love with the way it felt to fall asleep with Sarawat's arms wrapped around him, or to be rocked to sleep by the slow, steady breathing of his ethereal vampire.

     Sarawat had told Tine that he slept as rarely as possible, that he would go for weeks with only a short nap every few days or so, and he never slept through the night unless he was injured. But Tine had noticed that he seemed to enjoy taking little naps with Tine, especially after they went hot and heavy for long periods of time, which was rather often, in all fairness.

     Sarawat had been awake when Tine had fallen asleep, but Tine had woken earlier than normal and found Sarawat napping. It was the first time Tine had seen Sarawat asleep and he couldn't deny that Sarawat sleeping was probably the most beautiful sight Tine had ever seen in his life. Tine gazed fondly at him, using his eyes to trace the lines of Sarawat's face, the perfect curves and the smooth skin. The little scars above his brow and on his lip. The facial features that resonated through Sarawat's normally stoic or tensed features were smoothed out, an ethereal innocence surrounding him. Tine couldn't imagine anything he wouldn't do to protect that innocent tenure in Sarawat.

     A ripple passed through Sarawat's features, a wrinkle in his brow, a deeper breath that shifted through his face. His lip quivered slightly before his face evened back out into the earlier peaceful innocence from before. Tine was drawn to the perfect shape of Sarawat's lip and he ever so lightly reached out to run his fingers across the velvety plushness of his full lips. Falling in love all over again with the shape of them, the feel of them, on his fingertips. His heart expanding as he took in the transcendent beauty of his exquisite vampire.

     Tine had not heard or seen Sarawat stir, so it surprised him when he looked up from Sarawat's lips and saw Sarawat staring back at him. There was a look of wonder in Sarawat's eyes as he looked up at Tine. Sarawat had woken as soon as he felt Tine's touch. When he opened his eyes and saw Tine's gaze on him, the amount of love and warmth in Tine's eyes had filled Sarawat's heart to the brim. To have earned that kind of emotion from Tine was unfathomable to Sarawat and he couldn't help the ripples of elation and wonder that coursed through him. Tine didn't realize the amount of warmth and love his gaze on Sarawat held. He didn't know how completely smitten his face was as he stared at Sarawat. He simply drowned in the beauty of the emotions swimming in Sarawat's beautiful eyes.

     Sarawat reached his hand out and caressed Tine's face. "Keep looking at me like that and I'll kiss you 'til you drop," Sarawat said huskily.

     Tine smiled. "If your intention was to ensure I never stop looking at you this way, then you just succeeded," he giggled, smittenly.

     Sarawat surged forward, pulling himself up and over Tine and pushing Tine back down into the sheets so Sarawat was straddling over Tine. "You are such a shameless hussy," he purred out in appreciation.

     Tine's hair feathered out against the pillow, his big, beautiful doe eyes looking up at Sarawat with an innocent expression. Sarawat could swear he saw a halo around the angelic creature's head. And then the angelic creature spoke and reminded Sarawat of the horns that held up that halo as Tine shrugged his shoulders and said, "Personally, I prefer cockslut, but I'll still answer to shameless hussy if that's what you prefer, my sexy vampire," without batting an eye.