Execution

Pam had expected long periods of ceaseless torture from Tine and Sarawat. That's what they said when Sarawat was telling Tine about teaching him how to torment a person properly with a torture chamber. But Pam had never left this cell once she'd been chained in it. Not that she hadn't been tortured to some extent by Mil, but other than the one visit when she'd first gotten there, neither Tine nor Sarawat had come down. Of course, word traveled, and she knew Tine had issues adjusting to his vampire self.

     She had gotten a little bit of an amused kick out of how not everything was sunshine and daisies for them. Not that it mattered. There was no one around to talk to or gloat to about it and the silence around her quickly snuffed out the amusement. Her own little bout of glee was just for her, and honestly, that was boring. Even Mil, as soon as he had found out about Tine having issues with his seer capabilities, had left her without a second thought.

     Mil, who had also cruelly informed her that the remaining members of her faction were being rounded up like cattle by Sarawat thanks to Mil's tip off of who her sentinels were. She could no longer even hope for a rescue as her few remaining men were more worried about hiding out and rescuing themselves. For the first time, she was alone. Not a single person followed her or answered to her. 

     She had no one but the guards now and none of them spared her a word and spent most of their time just tuning her out. She didn't like the pain her tormentors dealt her, but hell, it was better than this never-ending ticking silence. Hadn't she caused enough havoc to have earned some fucking attention? Whether it was in the form of gloating over her losing or trying to get to the heart of her motives, she should warrant some sort of attention from someone, right?

     Sarawat and Tine had only gone downstairs once since Pam had been captured. Sarawat had no desire to allow Pam to believe that she had any room in his cares enough for him to be bothered to visit her. He had no reason to carve any pain in her skin, having made a show of giving that privilege completely over to Tine. He didn't care enough to oversee or care for her in any way.

     She had wronged Tine, and he had given the last of his power over Pam over to Tine to deal with her how he saw fit. He had also gotten the notion that the angriest and most hurt she had felt was when he disregarded her completely, so that's exactly what he would continue to do until she was dead. She was nothing to him and he showed her that by not giving a single fuck about her in any way.

     Tine hadn't gone down again, not because he didn't want to torment her or cause her harm, but simply because everything else was more important. It was Tine realizing that when he'd decided he'd had enough and was ready for the trial. He couldn't even be bothered to play with her, so why keep her? He had gone down to rub it in her face when she had failed in taking Luke, Joss, Pear, Earn, and Air from him. But then he'd pretty much given the reins to Mil to do with her as he wanted. At this rate, the only one left who cared enough to even spare time to hurt her was Mil.

     And even Mil was getting pulled into more important projects, such as training Tine and working on a special mission with Man, that no one felt the need to elaborate on. No one could really be bothered with her anymore until one night when Tine surprised her by coming downstairs for a visit.

     Pam watched warily as he approached her cell. There was an ethereal glow surrounding him and she couldn't deny that while she'd found excitement that he'd had a hard time adjusting to becoming one of them, that he wore it well, now that he'd gotten past the initial hump. He was more beautiful than he'd ever been and it was a cruel slap in the face that he stood before her with everything she'd ever wanted in the palm of his hand while she hung from chains and meat hooks. Tine's face broke out in an ethereal smile, as though he was responding to her thoughts, as though he was hearing them.