Soul Seer Theory

(A/N: This chapter is a bit of information overload, there is a lot of theory in this chapter. I would like to mention that I am not a geneticist and I know very little about genetics, and I did not spend much time at all researching into this. So please forgive my fallacies on the subject. I also wanted to point out that they are talking about mystical DNA and their basis of information is remarkably little because of how rare soul seers are. If you have questions please feel free to ask, if they are things I've considered I'll have answers, but if it goes over my head I'll be honest about that too. I most likely reached beyond my personal intelligence parameter's to write this chapter, so I hope you'll go easy on me.)

     Almost as soon as they knocked on the door, Pear had the door wrenched open and her eyes didn't relax until she saw Tine. She let out an audible sigh of relief and went straight to Tine, pulling him into a hug and shooting a look at Sarawat. "Please tell me you have her secured," she pleaded. The trepidation in her voice was palpable.

     Sarawat shook his head. "No one has seen her since she left the office last night. We've been searching all day for her."

     Pear trembled. "Forgive my boldness, but that's not good enough, Sarawat. She's a madwoman. I've never seen anything like it."

     Sarawat led Pear to sit down. "There is no forgiveness needed, Pear. I feel the same way. I had the chance to end this yesterday, but because of the lack of evidence, I hesitated and now it's too late. But she can't get to us here, so for now, we have time to hear what you've learned, so please tell us everything."

     Pear nodded her head, constantly darting her eyes back to Tine as though to reassure herself that he was there and still safe. "Please sit. This will take some time, as there is a lot to explain before I can even get to the details of what I saw. I'm afraid without proper background information that you will not understand the conclusions I have drawn," she said, speaking directly to Tine.

     There was a nod of understanding and a shuffle of movement as Tine, Sarawat, and Boss joined Pear. "I'm going to get everyone some drinks and snacks," Earn said as everyone got comfortable to listen to Pear. Sarawat sat next to Pear. Tine nestled in next to Sarawat, immediately clasping his hand to steady his anxiety about the conversation ahead. Boss sat down next to Tine, still confused as to why he was there as part of the conversation and not just as a guard. Earn shuffled out for a brief moment and came back with her arms laden with refreshments. Tine immediately jumped up to help her pass out the food and drinks until Earn was free of her wares and she sat down between Boss and Pear, reaching out to clasp Pear's hand to offer Pear the support to speak her piece.

     Pear took a nervous breath before her voice filled the silence. "So, since we have time, I need to explain some things about your soul and your abilities, Tine. It'll help explain some conclusions I've drawn. This very much revolves around you, so it's more important that you understand than it is for anyone else. Obviously, nothing I could ever possibly say could justify what's been done, and her reasonings that I've concluded thus far are disgusting and pathetic. I don't offer answers that are going to console you, but they may at least answer some of the why's that haunt you. Sometimes we tend to dwell as much on the why's as we do on the what is of situations. So I'm going to begin with a bit of soul seer theory. We don't really have any conclusive evidence, most of what we have are just theories. Part of understanding soul seers is understanding the natural mysticism of the universe, which is beyond our comprehension. Also, soul seers are so rare that it is difficult for us to derive too much. There just isn't enough data available to be conclusive. As macabre as it sounds, I'm really excited to get you into a lab and play with your blood a bit," she said with a bit of cheek.

     Sarawat was quick to raise a disapproving eyebrow at her and Tine giggled at Sarawat's lack of humor at the situation. Pear cleared her throat and started to explain the soul seer theory to Tine as best as she could. "Most seers are normal souls that are born with their abilities in their brains. It's a part of their physical makeup. Whereas, with soul seers, it is the soul itself that is a seer. There is an innate universal mysticism within the soul that needs a mystical DNA strand to physically latch onto. Soul seers are born with that DNA strand. It serves as a tangible link that is strong enough to host a soul with that kind of power."