Tricked

Roughly between 1450-1350 BCE - The Bronze Age

     As much as Sarawat had prayed to never see Namcha in this place, he couldn't stop the immediate swelling of his heart when he first saw his Namcha's face after having not been able to see it for so long. Regardless of his system's immediate reaction to Namcha's presence, his heart plunged just as quickly as it had risen and it twisted his stomach and sickened him as the reality of the purpose of him being there washed through him. Sarawat twisted and writhed, trying so much more desperately to break the bonds they tied him to as he saw the state Namcha was in. Namcha was only wearing a tattered loincloth. His face and his body were covered in dirt, blood, and wounds, showing he must have been just as difficult of a captive as Sarawat had been. Their captors had not been as diligent in their efforts to cause minimal physical damage in their beatings as they had been with Sarawat. Tears escaped Sarawat's eyes as he realized the monsters meant to keep Sarawat, but judging by the state of Namcha's wounds, they had no intention of giving Namcha any other option besides death. 

     Namcha screamed and fought against his gag and the restraints until his eyes landed on Sarawat. Namcha's eyes widened at the sight of his beloved and he began to cry in relief that he was alive, and then despair as he took in Sarawat's disparaged state, realizing they were both captives. He tried to speak to Sarawat but the cloth in his mouth prevented his sounds from being understandable words. Sarawat looked at Phukong in despair, knowing he had only one chance to save Namcha. "Let him go and I will agree to any terms you have. You want me to become a soldier for you? Then I will do it. I will be your most loyal soldier until the end of time. I will be anything you need me to be. Just let him go free."

     "I knew you would see things my way, soldier," Phukong laughed in triumph and motioned to the sentinels, "Release the medic."

     As soon as his bindings were undone, Namcha ripped the gag from his mouth and flew to Sarawat's side. He immediately started to work at freeing Sarawat from his bindings, "We have to figure out a way to get out of here, Sarawat. These things, they aren't human," he whispered, hoping to not be heard. Sarawat was processing other things. Phukong responded too easily, and no one made a move to prevent Namcha from untying Sarawat's bonds. The monsters didn't bother because they knew Sarawat and Namcha had no chance to get out alive. Tying them in the first place had been nothing more than adding flair to the theatrics of their plight.

     Sarawat drank in the determination on his beloved Namcha's face as Namcha steadily worked at the bonds holding Sarawat in place. Sarawat knew every breath he spent in Namcha's presence was limited. No matter how the day ended, the only thing that was guaranteed was life with each other, every plan they had ever made, ever dream they had imagined for a peaceful future together, would be over. Sarawat could feel the gashes that were slicing open in his heart, knowing he was about to lose the only grace this life had ever given him, the only love he'd ever had and ever would have, the only life he had ever wanted to live. 

     The ropes were too strong to break, but Namcha's nimble fingers were able to make quick work of the thick animal hide bonds around Sarawat's wrists. As soon as Sarawat's hands were free, he lifted them up and cupped Namcha's cheeks, bringing his face in for a kiss, pouring the emotional upheaval into it, savoring the nectar of his Namcha's sweet lips. "Only one of us has a chance to make it out of here alive, Cha. They don't even care that we are no longer bound, knowing we pose no threat to harm or escape them. You have to leave, my Cha. You have to get away from this place and never look back."

     Namcha shook his head, tears pooling in his eyes. "Not without you, Sarawat. If we live, we live together. If we die, we die together. Either we both make it out, or neither of us do."