What Are You

After an eternal moment, Sarawat finally loosened his arms from Tine but continued to burrow his face into Tine's neck. Sarawat's body quaked with his own internal emotions as he ran his hands up and down Tine's face and nuzzled into his neck as though grounding himself in the reality that Tine was in his arms. Sarawat stood there for a while breathing in audible breathes as he inhaled Tine's scent, letting it travel through his system as proof that this was real and not a dream. Tine ran soothing hands up and down Sarawat's back as Sarawat calmed down from his emotional turmoil before he finally, hesitatingly, pulled back. As though he could not bare to not touch him, he reached his hand back up and caressed Tine's cheek, staring deep into his eyes as though he was trying to absorb his soul through them, "You did not wait for me," he pouted beautifully.

     It took Tine a second to remember that this sweet, pouting face belonged to the same fierce man who had protected him less than an hour ago. "You killed a man, in all fairness. Well, not a man, but you know what I mean."

     "He was a killer, and he would have killed you if I hadn't stepped in," Sarawat explained in a reasonable tone, as though they were talking about the weather and not killing deadly creatures.

     Tine furrowed his brows. "And that makes it okay?"

     Sarawat nodded as though it was obvious. "Of course. You are mine and no one is allowed to touch you but me," Sarawat said, smirking in satisfaction as he watched Tine's breath falter at his words.

     Tine shook his head. "I don't remember agreeing to that."

     Sarawat nuzzled his face back into Tine's face, trailing his nose along his cheek, his jawline, back up to his ears, relishing the feel of Tine's skin on his own, drinking in the scent Tine gave off, breathing in the pheromones of lust that Tine was trying so hard to hide, and internally jumping for joy when Tine's body naturally gave in to Sarawat and Tine tilted his head up to give Sarawat easier access, "You will," he murmured in his ear followed by a swift swipe of the tongue around the shell of it, causing Tine to let a small whimper escape him before he regained his senses and pushed Sarawat away.

     Sarawat was unfazed, and his lips curved into a cocky smile. He could smell the effect he was having, could see it in Tine's flushed cheeks, could feel the blood racing through his veins beneath his fingertips. Sarawat watched as Tine slowly tried to collect his thoughts. Sarawat patiently waited for Tine to remaster himself. If there was anything Sarawat was the master of, it was patience, especially when it came to waiting for his soulmate. After a minute or two of silence, broken only by Tine's heavy breathing, Tine finally looked up at Sarawat. "What was he? I tried to warn you and you already knew, not only that, but you were able to beat him without even trying, so what does that make you?"

     Sarawat stepped back up towards Tine and brushed his knuckles across Tine's face again, tracing the lines and curvatures of Tine's facial structure, "He was a vampire. I can only assume that he was changed outside of a coven and therefore was not trained in vampiric law. Despite that, he had taken too many lives, he could not be allowed to live. If we had allowed him to live and he freed himself somehow, then every subsequent life he took would be on my hands as well. Coven or not, killing humans is against vampiric law. We know he knew better because he was playing games with us, hovering just beyond the line of being caught. We were already tracking him and his fate was already sealed, regardless of whether he had touched you or not. I was just a little more severe than normal because he had touched you," he finished as he lightly skated his fingers along the graze the fiend had left behind on Tine's neck.

     "Vampire," Tine repeated the word in shock, "As in Dracula vampire, or Vampires in Venice vampire?" 

     Sarawat looked at Tine in confusion, "I guess Dracula, since technically it was loosely based on vampires when it was written, but it's so far off the mark it barely counts as a comparison, and I don't know what you mean by Vampires in Venice."