Claim Me

Sarawat had slowly inched further and further away from Tine as he had read the journal so he wouldn't disturb him. The further he read, the harder he shook, the crueler the tremors racked through his body as he read of the pain and the horror Tine's soul had endured for Sarawat. Just as Maew had lamented for not being there for his sister when she needed him, Sarawat lamented not being there for any of them when they had needed him. Tears poured down his face and his body curled in the frustration at reading first hand what someone had done to purposely destroy his soulmate.

     Sarawat had read the pages, realizing that the cloak the enemy had worn had concealed the monster's features. Their eyes when they turned red glowed, so it explained how he saw the eyes change through the darkness of the cloak, and of course, he had drawn their mouth. He also noted how much trouble the fiend had gone through to hide their features from someone they were going to kill anyway. It's not like Maew would have been able to have pointed them out in a line-up from the grave. It was almost as if they had known or suspected that there was a possibility that his soul would eventually remember them.

     Which if the fiend already knew what Sarawat had realized while reading the journal. It would make sense, but it would also mean they knew what Tine was from the very beginning. It wasn't Tine that was a seer. It was the soul itself that was a seer. While human seers were common enough, soul seers were exceedingly rare, almost unheard of. Most considered them the stuff of legends since there were maybe 2 or 3 of them born throughout a millennia. Namcha had felt things in his mind that forewarned him of things to come, things that if Sarawat had not been so careless to ignore, would not have landed them where they were now. Maew had sensed the emotions of the air. And now Tine could dream of past lives. For a human seer to come and go was commonplace in Sarawat's world, but for a soul to be reincarnated that many times, with seer abilities, meant it was the soul that contained the gift, not the human themselves. Sarawat had a feeling that every journal he read would show an extrasensory seer's gift.

     There was also an evolutionary element within the abilities themselves. First, the manifestations were different when, if coming from the same soul, should have been relatively the same. Then again, as far as he knew, and from what Tine had said about his dreams, Namcha was the first incarnation of his soul, meaning there would be no past lives for him to dream about. And while Maew had seen Sarawat in his dreams, it had been so low a quality that Maew had believed he was a symbol and not a person. Tine's ability seemed to be focused solely on the dreams and not on an inert sense of the emotions or feelings of the air around him. Or maybe Tine had not realized that such an ability existed in him yet, with the dreams being so horrific and encompassing that the extra senses were overshadowed. Even if Tine didn't feel the sense of emotions, the potential was still there. Not only was it Tine's soul that was a seer and not Tine himself, but he was a multi-dimensional seer as well. Pear was going to be in seer research heaven when she got her hands on Tine.

     Sarawat also noticed that it appeared the abilities had barely strengthened from Namcha to Maew over 2000 years, but then strengthened immensely into being such a tangible manifestation that it is now over the last 1000 years. It was like the evolutionary growth of his powers had picked up at triple speed to become what they were now. Sarawat didn't know enough about seers to be able to surmise too much. He'd have to take Tine to Pear for more information.

     Pear was the coven's expert on seers, so if anyone knew more about it, it would be her. Sarawat knew it would be like early Christmas for Pear if Sarawat brought a multi-dimensional soul seer to her. Tine would probably be the rarest and most powerful gem Pear had ever seen over her many centuries of life. The only thing Sarawat really knew at this point was that Tine's soul was infinitely more powerful than a normal soul. Humans with abilities come and go, most only having the ability during their lifetime, and most never reaching the depth that Tine already had, and he wasn't even trained. Tine's soul had been extraordinary from the start. To be honest, Tine's potential was infinitely stronger than Sarawat's had ever been. With his soul's abilities, if Tine were to ever become one of them, he would be damn near indestructible. And somehow, Tine's tormentor had fucking known all along. That's why it had hidden itself from Tine's incarnations; why it continued to go after him in human form. There was a method to the thing's insanity.