Chapter 80. Time Between Us

I got my driving licence last week

I got my driving licence last week. I'm not buying a car but I thought it would be better to have a licence. I may need to drive the company's car, Yibo's car or if I need I can rent one too for vacation. So I learnt it and managed a licence meanwhile.

That day I drove Wang Yibo's car to pick him up from a photoshoot in the place of Haikuan.

Of course, if I'm going then it's not just simply picking him and driving him home. We'll visit a lakeside place. It's a famous dating sight.

Wang Yibo didn't wash the make-up, moreover, tied a headband to get a different look. I smile at his get-up when he joins me.

I drive towards the sight. I never went there so I'm following the map.

"Wow, you're not bad at driving... You are navigating quite well too." He said sitting beside me.

"Of course, I have to. And Haikuan didn't just leave me the car without lecturing me and testing my skill for an hour."

"Hahaha. Busybody."

"He knows his job. If it's not Wang Yibo..."

"Hahaha"

"He cares for you a lot."

"What about you?"

"Of course... I care for you more."

"Then good." He taps my hand that is on the steering wheel, "I also care about you a lot."

I smile.

After two hours of driving, we reached the lake. They decorated it romantically. The other side is for camping and in the lakeside many couples are having their sweet time. The whole place has a nice breeze, and mild lights behind the bushes or near the tree as well as along with the railings. It looks beautiful under the dark night sky.

We pass the gate and enter inside. We confront some couple. They are starting at us.

We came directly from the workplace, I am wearing a very casual dress with no sign of effort to come on a date.
Yibo got photoshoots, and the dress-up wasn't matching with mine also a little different than formal dressing either. We are mismatched for a couple on a date. Probably that's why.

I was really nervous. I never came to a place like this. With Wang Yibo present here, I'm even more conscious about surrounding. I can't let him speak. What if they find out?

"We came to do couple's thing," I say without giving them any chance to speak.

They look at each other and then laugh. One of them winks and shows us a thumbs up and leaves.

Then I found Wang Yibo trying hard to suppress his laughter.
Now he laughed a little and said, "What's the couple's thing?"

"I-I don't know.. I mean... They suddenly stopped in front of us and stared...... I got nervous."