Chapter 53. Playboy

Late night, Haikuan came again

Late night, Haikuan came again. He says he'll cook for us.

"Did you manage an off for him?" I ask.

"Yes. The company already published a statement that Wang Yibo is sick." He shows us his phone, "To explain why Wang Yibo suddenly vanished from the party."

"It's better this way," I say. 

"Well, yea. See this." He shows us a hashtag, and looks at Wang Yibo, "Your illness is currently trending. So do a LIVE when you got time."

Yibo shows a thumbs up. "Sure, my fans are worried about me, I should do that."

"Huh!" Unknowingly I throw a huh.

"Why do you do that to my fans?" Yibo asks rolling his eyes, "How do you understand a fan's heart?"

I shrug, "I don't understand, I've no fan."

"You do have!" Yibo shouts, he slaps his chest, "I am your fan. That's why I understand how could a fan feels when their idol is in bad shape!"

You are worried about me? Hah! The funniest thing I ever heard.

"It is easy to say that I'm a fan. I'm a fan. It doesn't cost money. Huh!" I say the truth.

You can tell me I'm your fan, then go to others and spell shit about me.
That's why I don't want fame, at a point even if I want some popularity, I also start to fear people. What if it's all a lie? What if they stop liking my work?
Losing is fearful and sad.

It's better to not get anything, I will do what I like and that's all. That's why I've learnt to let go.

Yibo is looking at me without blinking. Says, "You think so little of you. But aren't many people like your work? Supports you, like you? You got offers and you made many people happy. Isn't it?"

"Yea. But isn't everything momentary and relative?"

"Do you feel, the support you get from your parents, and your friends will change? You value them right?"

"Yes." I lower my head.

"Your clients, those judges liked your performance. That means there is somebody looking up to your skill, if you feel they will leave, you should do everything to keep them continue liking you.