Every child deserves to be loved. Juliet was determined not to give such a life to her unborn child.

‘I’m enough on my own.’

Suddenly, she recalled the man at the lake in Algerio, who had knelt before her.

Perhaps what he said back then was somewhat true. Perhaps there was a chance he was sincere about wanting to marry her.

But by now, Juliet was too weary to believe and hope in that.

After all, once Dahlia appeared, she’d be cast aside again.

Juliet was no longer concerned about why Dahlia hadn’t appeared before him yet.

For the first time, Juliet realized how selfish and wicked she was.

It was utterly miserable for Juliet to think that somewhere in the world, there was a woman whom he loved more, or would love more, than her.

Although she hadn’t been running, her heart raced.

* * *

In the sacred city Lucerne, the breeding festival can be described as a festive time where everyone enjoys themselves.

During this time, everything from swordplay competitions to bullfighting, hunting, and even gambling is permitted.

Because of this, tourists from all over the continent came to see the festival.

After the festival, there’s a long week of fasting to purify the body and soul. Teo explained it as a time to enjoy before the fasting week.

However, Juliet was distracted by her encounter with Lennox the previous night.

What was he thinking when he said that?

‘…Maybe I overreacted.’

Juliet glanced across the spectator seats, where 48 nobles sat.

They were seated in the tournament arena where the swordplay competition was taking place.

The designated seat for Duke Carlyle was directly opposite to that of the Lebatan family. Thanks to that, Juliet could steal glances at him openly.

Since the beginning of the festival, Lennox hadn’t approached Juliet or pretended to know her in front of others

Now, seated far from her, he was engaged in a serious conversation with the vice-captain. It seemed like he had no interest in the swordplay competition happening below.

“We are starting the tournament!”

“Participants, come out in the order you are called!”

In the meantime, the fencing tournament began.

‘Why did you even come to the arena if you were going to do that?’

Juliet decided to ignore Lennox’s discontented face and focused on watching the competition.

* * *

The fencing tournament held during the breeding festival was a historic event in the eastern region.

“The winner will receive a Golden Laurel Wreath!”

Teo and Juliet sat side by side in the front row and watched the competition.

This was Juliet’s first time watching a fencing tournament. She closely observed the participants with curiosity.

Seeing her, Teo asked as if curious:

“What is it? Do you want to eat that?”

“What? No.”

It seemed he misunderstood that Juliet was looking at snacks someone was eating in the audience.