It was indeed a magnificent piece, but not to the extent of overwhelming someone to tears. Was His Holiness always this emotional?

The two archbishops, who were at odds, stood side by side with their mouths agape, when the Pope quietly called them.

“Archbishop Gilliam.”

“Yes?”

“Who made this, and where are they from?”

“It’s from a devout sculptor from a small village in the east called Canabel… Her name is Magda.”

“I need to see her immediately.”

“?!.”

“Yes? Your Holiness! But…”

“No, it would be faster if I went myself.”

Without waiting for the reactions of the two senior archbishops, Pope Sebastian stood up and left.

The two archbishops, left behind, blinked their eyes in unison for a while.

5. The Feast of Sorrow

Juliet quietly looked out of the moving carriage.

The shapes of marble buildings rising like jagged rocks seemed more strange than beautiful.

Maybe it’s because of the shining gold covering them.

“Is this your first festival, Juliet?”

At Helen’s question, Juliet finally looked up.

“Yes. It’s also my first time in Lucerne.”

“Oh my goodness.”

Surprised by the unexpected answer, Helen clapped her hands.

“Lucky! Then you can enjoy many fun things this time.”

Juliet gave a faint smile at her enthusiasm.

Juliet was now visiting the festival of Lucerne with her aunt Helen.

Lucerne was a small city-state governed by the Pope and the Papal Office, and only 48 families could participate in the feast.

‘The 48 Seats of Lucerne,’ they called it.

It referred to the 48 families who were treated as VIPs by the Papal Office.

“It means they made a huge donation.”

From behind, Teo whispered to Juliet in a voice only she could hear.

Juliet chuckled softly.

True to the devout eastern people, it was unexpected, but Lionel Lebatan was a devout believer. He consistently donated, and every year the Lebatan family was invited to the festival.

To the curious Juliet, Teo grumbled that he had seen enough of it to be bored and was no longer curious or fun.

Juliet habitually fiddled with the silver key-shaped pendant hanging around her neck.

Juliet’s late mother, Lillian, was also deeply devout.

When Juliet was very young, she had been very sick. Lillian had requested them to send a high-ranking healing priest.

Juliet herself couldn’t remember any of this.

On the other hand, during her stay in the North with Lennox, Juliet had never visited a temple.

There were no temples in the North.

Starting with Lennox, the people of the North were indifferent to religion, and Juliet hesitated to visit temples because of her thoughts on Dahlia.