The man claiming to be Vincente’s superior looked a bit surprised.

Vincente always boasted that he was the second son of a Marquis and, when he lived in the capital, he mingled with high-ranking aristocrats.

Of course, his reputation within the imperial army wasn’t great due to his flashy appearance and penchant for bragging. He also went around saying his ex-fiancée was dating a famous Duke…

Could it be true?

“I’ll summon Sir Bowman immediately. He’s on duty, so please wait a bit.”

The officer instructed the sentry to get Vincente Bowman, even if he had to drag him from the bottom of a well, probably expecting him to be inebriated in the lounge.

However, the esteemed visitor to Carcassonne had already lost interest in him.

Long before seeing Vincente Bowman in person, from the moment he set foot here, he had a gut feeling.

Juliet wouldn’t be in a place like this.

Lennox Carlyle was increasingly agitated. He felt he could kill anyone right now.

“Your Highness.”

“I know.”

At this point, he couldn’t care less about Juliet’s former fiancé.

Lennox’s gaze was fixed on a detailed map on the wall, showing the eastern coastal cities.

Following the coastline, he noted Baltazar, Carcassonne, and…

Algiero.

Suddenly, a memory flashed.

“Do you remember what you gave me for my birthday last year?”

Juliet had certainly asked him that just before she left.

When he thought about it, it was a strange question. He replied it was an azurite mine in Algiero.

“Yes, you remember.”

However, he felt that it wasn’t the answer Juliet wanted.

The beach of Algiero. Why did he give her an azurite mine as a birthday present?

It’s not like Juliet had ever requested such a thing.

His eyes, which were carefully pondering, became fierce.

“…What’s the date today?”

“Pardon?”

The officer checked the calendar and told her the date. It was winter, not long after the New Year.

“It’s the Moon Festival today.”

“How long does it take to get to the coast of Algiero from here?”

“Even if we’re fast, it’ll take about four hours. But today there’s the Moon Festival…”

“Sir!”

“My lord?”

He couldn’t remember everything. But he had a certain conviction.

* * *

The eastern coastal cities were famous for their beauty.

Although it was clearly winter, the temperature felt almost like spring during the carriage ride, only the wind was slightly cold.

Houses built along the white sandy beaches boasted picturesque landscapes. Sitting in the back seat of the carriage pretending to admire the views, Juliet occasionally stole glances at the person sitting next to her.

“You know, Roy might find this boring.”

Juliet warned for the third time.

“It’s okay.”

Roy smiled.

“It can’t be boring. We’re going to meet someone Juliet likes.”

And Roy’s answer remained the same for the third time.

Juliet was having regrets. Why did she eagerly agree to Roy’s request to join?

The excitement of meeting someone after a long time was undeniable. It’s just a half-day journey after all.

Juliet held an envelope in her hand.

She was heading to the address written on the envelope.

While fidgeting with the envelope, Juliet suddenly became curious.

“You know, Roy.”

“Yes.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Anything.”

“How did you know I was in Canabel Village?”

It had been a long-standing question for Juliet.

They had only briefly met on a train, so rescuing her by ‘coincidentally passing by’ that remote mountain village seemed strange.

And just this morning was the same. Roy seemed to know exactly where Juliet was.

Roy’s companions would appear and disappear, but he especially would always show up unexpectedly.

“It’s your scent.”

It was a simple answer, but Juliet was taken aback.

‘Come to think of it, I’ve read about it.’

Lycanthropes perceive humans to have a foul odor and therefore despise them.

Seeing Juliet’s worried face, Roy tilted his head.

“What are you thinking?”

“I’ve heard somewhere…”

As Juliet cautiously paraphrased what she heard, Roy grinned.

“That’s not true. You have a pleasant scent.”

“…Really?”

“Yes, very much so.”

Roy’s serious nod almost convinced Juliet.

So, Juliet buried her face in her shawl for a moment, pretending to adjust it.

‘I don’t smell anything.’

Only a slight scent of grass flowers came from the clean shawl.

When she looked up with a puzzled expression, Roy was holding back his laughter.

“Ahem.”

Embarrassed, Juliet pretended to clear her throat.

“It’s not just body odor… How should I put it? It’s hard to explain.”

Roy genuinely looked regretful.

“I wish you could feel what I feel soon.”

“It’s just a light-hearted comment.”

As she responded awkwardly, Roy added in a serious tone.

“Just know this, I can always find Juliet wherever she is.”