That he was in Carcassonne was something she had heard by chance.

She had last heard of him 2 or 3 years ago, so she thought he might not be in Carcassonne now.

Juliet suddenly became curious.

‘When was it that Vincente died?’

Ding, ding, ding!

When a bell rang from the front, the carriage procession slowly stopped.

It was said that it would take about two more days to arrive in Carcassonne, and Juliet even felt a little regret.

When Juliet expressed this feeling, Helen, who was listening, smiled broadly. They were taking a brief rest to avoid the passing dew.

The horses were given rest and food, and the people were given warm tea.

“That’s unexpected.”

“What is?”

“Actually, I was a bit worried before I met you.”

Helen seemed unsure of how to say it.

“As you can see, this…”

Helen, lifting her index finger, turned her right hand around as if searching for something and then pointed somewhere.

At the end of her finger were Helen’s two sons. Gray was giggling and running around.

“Gray Lebatan, this damned kid!”

Teo was furiously angry.

It was clear they were fighting over something childish again. It was childish to the point where it was hard to believe they were both adults.

The people around from the Marigold Merchant Guild didn’t pay any attention, as if it was a familiar sight.

“I was worried about what you might think in this environment. I’ve never raised a girl.”

Helen shrugged her shoulders.

“Lillian also liked carriage travel.”

At that remark, Juliet couldn’t help but be surprised.

“Have you met my mother?”

“Yes, I did.”

Helen cheerfully affirmed.

“Lillian was about your age, no, she was younger than you are now.”

Come to think of it, Isaac was Lionel’s eldest son, and Lillian was the youngest daughter.

If Isaac and Lillian had a significant age difference, it wouldn’t have been impossible if Isaac had married Helen early.

Even though she is full of energy, small, strong, and shiny, Juliet suddenly thought that Helen might be much older than she had guessed.

“She was quite a tomboy…”

Throughout the meal, Isaac and Helen happily told many stories about Lillian.

“How roughly she tamed the horse.”

Helen rose from her seat, tapped the tip of Juliet’s nose lightly, and laughed.

“You look a lot like your mother.”

* * *

The morning dew that had been falling since dawn had finally stopped, leaving a pleasant moisture in the air. The group was busy preparing for departure.

“Madam!”

It was like that until one of the high-ranking members wearing a familiar uniform hurriedly came riding from afar.