As soon as he finished speaking, the man who had coughed falsely approached and introduced himself.

“It’s an honor to meet you, Your Highness. I am Viscount Caiman.”

Caiman was ambitious man.

He was so ambitious that he would flatter the old and crafty great lord of Aquitaine and wait for his chance.

He hunted rare monsters and sold them in the arena, kidnapped beasts and sold them at auctions, and much of the money the Red Chariot Guild made flowed directly into Robert Aquitas.

Although slavery was illegal under imperial law, the law of the Empire meant little in the East.

The nominal ruler of the East, the great lord of Aquitaine, was turning a blind eye to all these illegal activities in return for gold.

But the reason why Caiman had so far flattered the great lord of Aquitaine was that he was waiting for an opportunity to connect with other nobles through him.

And his expectation was answered. In a much larger scale than he had thought.

‘Duke Carlyle.’

When Robert Aquitas casually mentioned the name of the millennium family of the North, Caiman couldn’t believe him.

Isn’t it too incredible? Even if the Emperor had come, he wouldn’t have been so surprised.

But as the wine glasses circled and he got drunk, Viscount Caiman began to loosen up, even his mind, thanks to the relaxed tension.

‘You can’t trust rumors.’

Caiman glanced at Lennox, who was sitting in the seat of honor, with lax eyes.

‘That young punk. He’s arrogant.’

Caiman thought, his own son would have been about that age if he had married early.

The moment he first saw Duke Carlyle, Viscount Caiman couldn’t help but be surprised.

…Is he ‘that’ Duke Carlyle?

He was indeed a handsome man, hard to forget once seen.

When he heard the story that he had achieved his legendary deeds before turning thirty, Viscount Caiman naturally imagined a giant over 2 meters tall.

While assuming that there would be some exaggeration, he also had a certain admiration for the warrior.

But what he saw before him was a young man who hadn’t even reached his thirties, with a look that could charm the noblewomen of the court.

The balanced posture and muscular body were undoubtedly achieved only after long years of training in swordsmanship.

But the impact of his neat face, which seemed to be drawn only in black and white, was so strong that it blocked other thoughts.

On top of that, his red eyes were somewhat creepy.

‘Hmph. So this is the noble Duke.’

He was peeved at his unexpectedly more aristocratic appearance.

Moreover, there was a decisive reason that most provoked Caiman.

He didn’t see a sword.

If he is a knight, he should consider his sword as important as his life.

Only two knights who appeared to be the escort of Duke Carlyle were armed.

Although Caiman was acting aristocratic, like many new nobles in the east, he was just a scoundrel who crawled through back alleys and bought his position with money.