Blinded by his expectations, Kitan didn't notice how unusually happy his nephew seemed.

Before leaving the corridor with Kitan leading the way, Roy glanced once more at the empty room.

"If you want something, you should take it."

Roy smiled mischievously.

A wolf never shows impatience when chasing its prey.

He instinctively knew that as long as Juliet was within his territory, they would meet again without haste.

* * *

As dawn approached and the first light of day seeped through the bedroom window, Lennox Carlyle briefly inspected the object placed on the table without looking at the documents. It was a round ivory plate that emitted a brilliant golden light.

Although it resembled a compass, unlike an ordinary compass, it had no needle. Instead, beams of light continuously emanated from it, always pointing in one direction.

After some time, the beams of light dimmed slightly.

"My lord."

Before Hadin, who had been monitoring his reactions, could say anything, Duke Carlyle swiftly picked up the dagger placed beside him. Then, without a moment's hesitation, he brought down his left palm, which had not yet healed.

Squish.

Following a chilling sound, a stream of bright red blood splattered onto the pristine ivory plate.

However, instead of being stained with red, the object quickly absorbed the blood and emitted a bright beam of light again.

It was as if it was grotesquely sucking in the blood.

Hadin, who had been watching the scene right beside him, inwardly bit his tongue. Even he, who was accustomed to all sorts of dangerous situations, couldn't help but frown.

'I'm tired of this.'

The ivory plate was a relic that Lennox Carlyle had forcefully plundered from the temple.

The Hundred Eyes of Argos that he had acquired was such an ignorant object.

They called it a sacred relic, but what nonsense.

It would have been more fitting for it to be a relic of the demons.

It claimed to reveal the location of a person thousands of kilometers away, which was quite astonishing, but in return, it had to be fed with human blood once every hour.

The usage was too barbaric. Moreover, it was inefficient.

What truly irritated Hadin was Duke Carlyle, who sat still and mechanically repeated the act of draining his blood every time the beams of light weakened.

"So, is this all you found out?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

Lennox turned his gaze back to the documents as if nothing had happened.

Hadin's concern gradually grew.

He would have preferred to see the master going alone into the forest of demons and staying trapped for hours, rather than this.

They were staying in an empty mansion in an area slightly away from the jurisdiction.

Hadin didn't know much about how things were going.

As a retainer of the Duke, he was optimized for following orders without questioning the master.

However, all he knew was that Lennox, who went to the Emperor's coronation yesterday, divided the Duke's followers into two groups.