“Do you know me?”

“Yes?”

“You said you were happy to see me earlier.”

“Oh, that… um…”

The man blinked his eyes, slightly flustered.

“But I don’t think I know someone like you.”

“Oh.”

The man blinked his eyes a few times and suddenly smiled. It was a surprising and charming smile, as if he was amazed by her presence.

“I apologize for the late introduction, miss.”

With one knee on the ground, the man naturally held Juliet’s fingertips and lightly kissed the back of her hand.

Juliet was slightly taken aback by the smooth and natural gesture.

But in the next moment, when she heard the man’s name, Juliet couldn’t help but be stunned.

“My name is Romeo Romulus Pascal. Just call me Roy.”

A moment later.

Laughter echoed through the quiet train.

Juliet found herself laughing uncontrollably.

Romeo and Juliet. Weren’t those the names of the characters from the romantic novel her nanny used to tell her about?

“It’s an old-fashioned name that doesn’t suit me. I know that too.”

Roy, who had been looking puzzled, smiled softly.

“But if you laugh so openly like that, I feel quite embarrassed.”

“No, I’m sorry. It’s just that…”

Juliet bit her lip and held back her laughter.

The people standing behind him glared at her with hostile expressions, but once the laughter erupted, it was hard to suppress.

She wondered how long it had been since she laughed so joyfully.

‘What on earth should I say to explain?’

However, no matter what explanation she gave, they wouldn’t understand. So after a while, she simply smiled brightly, ceasing her laughter.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Juliet.”

* * *

In the early morning, before the sun had risen, a man hurriedly walked towards the Emperor’s palace.

The young man with blond hair was Prince Cloff, the second prince.

The Emperor had three sons, and Cloff was considered the most capable of the three.

Some people said he had the highest possibility of becoming the Crown Prince.

Cloff’s steps were somewhat excited.

As the second prince, there was a good reason for him to visit his father, the Emperor, at such an early hour.

‘At last…’

Duke Carlyle, who was like a thorn in his side with his disdain for the royal family, was not easy to approach. The Duke only allowed those he trusted to come close, and his loyal followers were so devoted that they couldn’t be bought with money.

However, Cloff tried his best to find any information that could be a weakness for Duke Carlyle.

And last night.

He finally succeeded in catching Duke Carlyle’s suspicious movement.

The previous night, Lennox Carlyle left the venue with his partner before the official event even started.