"when sad days come, be by my side, lean on my arms."

Jeongin shifted uncomfortably, feeling a slight itch beneath the bandaids covering his knee

Jeongin shifted uncomfortably, feeling a slight itch beneath the bandaids covering his knee. As he glanced down at the wound, he noticed Changbin and Jisung had already left, leaving him alone with Chan, the mafia leader. They stood together by the reception, where Chan took care of settling their bill.

Gently scratching the bandaged knee, he felt satisfied with a full stomach after the meal they had. Pulling out his phone, he discovered that his lunch break was over, and he was fifteen minutes late. "Chan hyung, I... I'm late for the café. I think I should leave now."

Retaking the black card in his hands, Chan glanced at him. "Hmm? I don't think I'd allow you to work with that wound on your knee."

Jeongin hesitated, his fingers nervously playing with the hem of his jacket. "It's not that bad, and I can walk normally. I just don't want to skip work," he explained.

The older hummed thoughtfully, "Alright, let me make it up to you. I just want to spend a day with you since our Sunday got a bit disrupted by that little..."

The younger's eyes widened, and he cleared his throat, "I mean, I know you have your... work. Are you sure you have time for this?"

With a light chuckle, the mafia leader gently spoke, "I may have a mountain of work, but I just want to make it up to you." He sighed, "You wanted to enjoy our day, and because of me, it got ruined. Can we please have this day to ourselves? I want to make you feel... better."

The barista hummed in response, finding it difficult to embrace the idea of Chan blaming himself for everything when, in reality, it was all Junseo's fault—or perhaps Jeongin's. He looked up, concern evident in his eyes. "...What if Mr. Park gets mad at me? I've recently joined, and I don't want to disappoint anyone."

"Oh, you won't disappoint anyone. You're worried about Mr. Park, right? Wait..." The older took out his phone, dialing the manager of the Groove Back Café. The phone rang as Chan patiently waited for the manager to pick up.

Jeongin whispered, "Hyung, please, oh god. You don't have to—"

However, Chan paid no heed. After a few moments, Mr. Park picked up the call. Ignoring any formalities, he directly stated, "Jeongin won't be able to make it to the cafe for the afternoon and evening rush. I hope it won't cause any trouble, right?"

"Ah, no problem."

"Cool," he ended the call and glanced at the younger. "See? No worries. Now, I hope we can spend our day together, hmm?"

Jeongin smiled and nodded. He was alone with a mafia leader outside, raising the question of how he'd manage. An unsettling notion crossed his mind – what if Chan decided to end him, and no one would ever find out? Then again, if that were the case, Chan could probably kill for him without hesitation.

Chan returned the smile and gestured towards the door, "After you, Jeongin." He held it open, inviting the younger to step out first.

Stepping outside, a blush painted Jeongin's cheeks. Chan walked behind him, sending a text to Agust and Jay, instructing them to pick up Jeongin's belongings from the cafe and head back to the mansion.