"cause you're the reason i believe in fate."

"What do you mean they wiped my lips clean?"

Chan's eyes shot open, his gaze darting around the sterile hospital room. As he tried to sit up, a groan escaped his lips, the pain in his body reminding him of the recent turmoil. His vision, still blurry from the remnants of unconsciousness, began to clear, revealing the stark white walls, transparent doors, and the faintly swaying curtains around him.

"It was necessary for the medical aid, boss," the consigliere replied calmly, his brows knitted with concern. "Please, try not to move too much."

Medical aid. The boss's thoughts raced as he observed the medical paraphernalia surrounding him. His gaze settled on his left arm, where a large needle was inserted into his vein, connected to an IV drip supplying him with much-needed blood.

Memories flooded his mind like a torrential downpour, each detail crystal clear despite the haze of pain and confusion. The chaotic rescue mission, the adrenaline-fueled fight against their enemies, and then... the kiss.

Jeongin's lips on his own, soft and warm, a moment of unexpected intimacy amidst the chaos. It wasn't a dream; it was reality, a reality that filled him with a mix of disbelief and overwhelming joy.

Jeongin.

His gaze swept across the room, taking in the sterile surroundings of the hospital bed draped in crisp white covers. His eyes sat on the familiar faces of his loyal companions—the consigliere and the underboss.

A question tumbled from his lips, his voice laced with concern, "Where is Jeongin?"

His eyes darted to the side of the bed, where a lone figure sat perched on a chair, his features drawn with exhaustion and emotion. Bloodshot eyes brimmed with tears, wide with a mixture of dread and hope, while parted lips quivered with unspoken words. His arms rested on the bed, fingers tightly intertwined, a silent prayer for the well-being of his beloved.

My...

"Petal."

"Hyung..." The young man blinked away his tears that threatened to fall, his voice wavering. "You're awake..." He paused, struggling to steady himself. "I thought... I thought I lost you."

"I'm here," the older replied, his heart clenching at the sight before him. He reached out, feeling a sting in his fingers as he gently took Jeongin's hands in his. The sight of the younger man's wrists, wrapped in bandages from the harsh ropes and his desperate attempts to break free, pained him deeply.

"You'd never lose me," he reassured softly, his thumb tracing over the bandage on the younger's wrist. "And if you ever feel like you might, just know that I'll be there, everywhere you are."

Jeongin swallowed hard, his lips pressed together tightly. He glanced down at their intertwined hands, feeling a wave of relief wash over him, visible in the slight nod he gave. "I was scared," he admitted, his voice trembling. "I thought you wouldn't make it... all because of me."