"let the fear you have fall away."

I am ground

I am ground. Yes, the white marble floor of channie's mansion. I never get dirty - I'm always clean. As one enters the majestic foyer, one's gaze is drawn to me, the breathtaking marble floor veined with subtle gold and silver streaks.

The interior of the mansion features high ceilings with beautiful crown mouldings and wide windows that let in plenty of natural light. The sumptuous velvet sofas, carefully made chandeliers, and magnificent artwork in the expansive living areas create a sophisticated luxury ambiance.

Each component has been carefully chosen to blend with the overall style, from the grand staircase with its hand-carved bannisters and exquisite railings to the carefully arranged collection of antique furnishings.

The mansion features a variety of amenities in addition to the major living areas that are suited to the needs of the contemporary lifestyle. A chef's dream, the gourmet kitchen includes cutting-edge appliances that are expertly integrated into custom cabinetry. A lavish en-suite bathroom with a soaking tub and a walk-in shower is featured in the large master suite, which is a haven of leisure.

The sprawling land of the mansion outside are beautiful with well-maintained grass, colourful flowerbeds, and a tranquil fountain in the middle. The outside living areas, which include a lovely terrace and a glistening pool, providing the ideal environment for hosting friends or just enjoying some alone time.

Oh, how can I forge this - special torture cells - stocked with various weapons and acids, an armoury, and a private office where Channie, Hannie, and Binnnie carry out their activities, have meetings, and make important decisions. Additionally, this mansion includes underground hiding places and secret rooms to ensure security and secrecy.

This boy was only brought home by Channie a little over two days ago; I had never seen him before, but considering the way Chan had always stuck to him, I suspect he might be someone special. Due to his weak immune system and the fact that he drowned in chilly water, the doctors stated that this boy would require some time to recover. I was concerned about him as well, but now that he is awake I am happy both for him and for Chan.

─➭ground pov
start | end

"Why did you saved me?"

Chris took a deep breath, taking jeongin's hand in his hand again, softly this time and caressed his palm gently, "you deserve to live, you deserve to exist and be happy on this planet."

Jeongin studied their hands, although new, he felt a little bit of comfort in this, he didn't liked when someone touched him, "I-I don't, I'm just a worthless boy, a boy so fragile that he can't even protect himself, that he can't fight this world and that death seems more easy to him," the boy said. He almost choked on his words, his words harsh but true.

"You aren't fragile, it takes alot of courage to do such a thing," chris said, looking the boy in his face whose head was hung low, with the other hand he carefully held his chin and made jeongin look at him and continued, "I wish the past had been easier and people were a little kind to you, but now you're with me, I promise-I hope I can make the next chapter something better than this."

Jeongin pulled back his hand as his pupils grew larger and asked, "What?" That was all he could manage to mumble at the time. Even if he saved him, he can't just blindly put his trust in a total stranger. What if he turns out to be an evil guy? By putting his trust in this person, he doesn't want to endure any more pain.

"I'm going to protect you."

As those words left chris' mouth, jeongin's breath stopped for a brief moment. Did he hear him correctly? His own ears now made him unable to believe them. In his eighteen years of life, no-one, absolutely nobody talked to him in this delicate manner, or treated him so carefully, except his mother and father. All he wanted was a shoulder to cry on, but nobody stood by him, instead they all used him for their own desires.

"You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Belive me, everything is going to be okay." As he gazed into Jeongin's eyes, Chris spoke as his expressions softened. He could feel his heart hammering into his chest, nervous of the younger's reaction, he wasn't ready to let him go in this cruel world.

Jeongin was taken aback; he could see the sincerity, tenderness, and something else in his eyes that he struggled to put his finger on. Oh, but why did he feel as though he had lived his entire eternity in a matter of seconds as he briefly gazed into them? He said, looking down once more, "I'm a burden."

"You're not, no. It's something you're forced to carry against your own will, and I'm ready to protect you, I truly wish to make you happy and feel loved." He is aware, it's so quick but he can give anything and everything to this boy, it's been three years since he last saw his smile and he wanted to see that big smile on his face once again.

Jeongin could feel tears brimming in his eyes, he can't - he doesn't wants to cry - it dropped, it fell and decorated his cheeks with warm tears. While he was trying to control them, he sniffed and choked as he tried not to think about it - his past, which hit him like a truck. He has no idea what actually happened, but he nodded in response when chris asked, "can I hug you?". While Jeongin laid his head on the older's shoulder, the older embraced him to his chest.

"It's okay, you can cry as much as you want, let it all out, I'm right here. You're going to be happy." As he spoke, he drew circles on his back. This boy must've gone through a lot and he's willing to heal all his wounds. He wanted to know about him, everything, every small and big thing about him, it's going to be hard for him to convince this boy open up about his life, but he'll wait, he'll wait till jeongin wholeheartedly believes in him.

When Chris hugged him, Jeongin felt warmth - a warmth that his soul had been yearning to experience - and his heart - rather than his mind - felt complete. He made the decision to trust him, to trust a human again, and he prayed that this was the right decision. He didn't want to return to his former home, which had become nothing more than an inferno. As he sniffed, he was startled when he smelled something that was quite intoxicating. He was familiar with this aroma, but he was unable to connect the dots.

Pristine, floral, leafy, and woody.

Into the police station stepped a middle-aged man. He had puffy eye bags and dark circles beneath his eyes, and his lips were pallid from smoking too much.

The officer asked, sitting on his chair, "What's your problem?" The man took a look at his batch - yoon junseo - and uniform. With his angular eyes and brows, tanned yet fair complexion, and thin lips, the police officer had an intimidating appearance.

"I'm here to file my nephew's missing report," He spoke.

Junseo questioned, "When did you last see him?"

"Two days ago," As the assistant inspector noted it, he said. Junseo asked, nodding, "What's his name?"

"Yang Jeongin."

♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ : Author's note ;:

I Need To stop Procastinating.
Also, I got my results yesterday, and
I died a little...haha.