"i can be your superman."

"You know, Jeongin," Chris began in a hushed tone, his words a secret shared between just the two of them, "there's something important I've been meaning to talk to you about

"You know, Jeongin," Chris began in a hushed tone, his words a secret shared between just the two of them, "there's something important I've been meaning to talk to you about. Something that matters."

Jeongin tilted his head, glancing at Chris as they walked together. With his hands tucked in his pants' pockets, he asked, "Hmm? What is it?"

The older smiled, "You mentioned your interest in music and arts, so... how's your college experience?" he asked gently.

The younger let out a sigh, kicked a pebble on the ground, and admitted, "I'm... still in secondary high school."

Chris halted in his tracks, a puzzled expression on his face. "Huh?" His ears turned red with embarrassment. What the... don't tell me he's a ki—no! Well, the last time I remember, he was wearing a school uniform, and he was small.

Jeongin nodded hesitantly, "Yes, please don't be mad at me. I just don't like school, and I'm not doing well with my grades either. I haven't been there for... a month or two."

The mafia leader looked at him, his brows furrowing, "I'm not mad, it's just... it's important, you know? Why didn't you attend school, and why didn't you tell me anything about it? Is it because of..."

Jeongin shook his head, "No, it's not because of him. He left our school four years ago... I just don't want to go there, okay?" His voice carried a hint of frustration, or perhaps, he was concealing the pain within.

Chris noticed the frustration in Jeongin's voice and decided to change the subject. "Alright, we won't talk about it," he reassured, wrapping a gentle arm around Jeongin's shoulder and giving him a squeeze. "Just remember, I'm always here. Now, how about... ants? Do you like ants?"

Jeongin gave him a side eye and shrugged, prompting Chan to take his hands off. "Ants? Why bring them up all of a sudden?"

The older chuckled softly, "because they're fascinating and hardworking. Did you know they can carry loads heavier than their own weight?"

The young barista hummed, a small smile playing on his lips. He appreciated how the mafia leader effortlessly shifted the conversation to brighten his mood.

Chris grinned, "You know, Jeongin, I heard about this incredible bakery. They make muffins so good that even ants can't resist. It's called 'Ant-solutely Delicious Muffins.' Ever heard of it?"

Jeongin looked at him, attempting to understand the joke, while Chris chuckled at his own humor. "Alright, okay," the older stopped, "that was a bad one."

Jeongin shook his head playfully, a small smile on his lips. They continued to talk about ants and various topics as they walked together, the restaurant getting closer.

"Other than playing the piano?" The younger tilted his head, "I, um, I like to sing."

The older raised his eyebrows with an amused expression, like a big fanboy of Yang Jeongin. "Really? Will you sing for me sometime?"

Jeongin's cheeks took on a rosy hue as he nodded, his fingers anxiously gripping the hem of his jacket. "Are you sure? I don't know if you'll ever like my voice..."

Chris gazed at him, questioning, "Oh? Why do you think that?" His eyes then shifted downward, adding, "Your voice is... beautiful. Especially when you're speaking softly, it's soothing."

He smiled as they walked, "I bet it sounds good while singing... I think I love your voice." The words slipped from his mouth, and his eyes widened in realization.

"Jeongin, I mean—" he stopped as he noticed no one standing next to him, "Huh? Jeongin?"

He looked around, panic crossing his face. Yet, a sigh of relief escaped when he spotted Jeongin—on the ground. Yep, gravity had claimed another victim.

Suppressing a chuckle, Chris thought, What the hell on earth just happened? I shouldn't be laughing. Nevertheless, he rushed to the younger boy, holding his shoulders to help him get up.

Concerned, he asked, "Are you alright, Jeongin?" However, deciding to tease him a little, he added, "Did you decide to jump like a ninja or something?"

Attempting to rise from the ground, Jeongin groaned. "Ninjas don't usually land on their faces, hyung!" he mumbled, visibly embarrassed. "But, well, this happens to me all the time."

Chris couldn't help but chuckle, wrapping a protective arm around him to help him get up. "All the time? You're a clumsy ninja then," he teased with a playful grin.

Jeongin's face turned crimson with embarrassment as he finally managed to stand up. Chris, however, gasped in concern as he noticed the tear in Jeongin's pants on one knee, with blood seeping from the wounded area.

"Jeongin... you're bleeding," he murmured softly, his protective instincts kicking in. With a swift motion, he encircled his arms around Jeongin's legs and waist, lifting him up in a bridal style.

Jeongin whined, attempting to kick his feet. "Hyung, it's alright! It's not that bad! Put me down!"

The older chuckled, "Well, you should have watched your step, little ninja," holding him securely in his arms, Jeongin's protests fading into the background.

Jeongin pouted, tears welling up in his eyes. Not from the pain, but from a strange mix of emotions he couldn't quite understand. No one had ever cared for him to this extent. "This is so embarrassing..." he mumbled, leaning closer to the older's chest and hiding his face.

Chris offered a gentle smile, reassuringly pressing on Jeongin's waist. "Hey, little ninja, it's alright. No need to be embarrassed. I'm here to take care of you," he said cheerfully.

The younger only hummed, unable to see where Chris was carrying him. Yet, he felt safe... somehow.

"The restaurant is here, alright? We can fix that wound," he heard the older's voice. Chris entered the restaurant with Jeongin in his arms, paying no heed to the looks or murmurs they were getting.

The younger overheard him conversing with a woman, likely a servant, and then he was carried into the bathroom. He still clung tightly to Chris, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

They also disregarded the two people waiting for them, Changbin and Jisung. Changbin sighed, "Did he just ignore us?"

Jisung wore a bored expression, "Ignore? Huh, he didn't even look at us! And did you see the way he was carrying Jeongin?"

The older one nodded, "Exactly! He carried him like they're in some romantic movie, and why the bathroom of all places?"

The consigliere smirked, "You think they're doing something something in the bathroom?"

The underboss maintained his smirk, a smug expression on his face. "Well, whatever it is, it's bound to be more interesting than just sitting here. Want to find out together?"