"but, f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s enemies don't know the way you taste."

"Welcome, gentlemen," Chris greeted with a polite smile, his doggo nestled contentedly in his lap as he stroked her fur

"Welcome, gentlemen," Chris greeted with a polite smile, his doggo nestled contentedly in his lap as he stroked her fur. The others took their seats in the room, ready for the meeting to commence.

"No cursing this time?" Jisung questioned, his expression one of confusion. "No calling us morons? Cunts?" His bodyguard stood behind him, as silent and imposing as ever.

The boss chuckled. "You're just itching for some curses, aren't you?" he teased. "Today's a bit different though, because I want to invite Jeongin here, so let's keep it clean in front of him."

"Yeah, Jeongin's a good kid," Changbin agreed with a nod. "We want to make sure he feels comfortable around us."

The eldest among them hummed thoughtfully before speaking. "I can't recall ever hearing him curse," he mused quietly. "But anyway, I assume you all are aware of the gold heist, correct?"

The two men nodded their heads in response as the consigliere chimed in, "Indeed, it was a success."

"Exactly," the boss remarked, adjusting his position before laying an open envelope on the table. "Park has extended an invitation for us to attend a celebration of our success."

"We'll need to ensure our relationship remains strong by attending," he continued. "It's this Sunday, just two days from now."

"Interesting," the consigliere remarked, taking the envelope to read the letter and its contents.

"We're going to bring Jeongin along as well," the boss confirmed.

The underboss's brows furrowed. "Are you sure? He might get scared, and it's not safe," he voiced his concern.

Chris glanced at him. "I'm aware of the risks," he replied firmly, "but I want him to be part of our circle. Besides, I can always ensure his safety."

He sighed. "I just want him to have a bit of enjoyment, you know?" he explained. "We don't have parties often, and it's important to me that he feels included."

"You want to bring him into our dangerous mafia world...?" Hyunjin questioned, breaking his silence. He didn't know much about this Jeongin guy, but from their conversation, it seemed evident that he wasn't familiar with the workings of the mafia.

The boss glared at him for a moment before softening his tone. "He's not afraid to be a part of this world with me," he responded. "He may have different feelings towards others, even those involved in the mafia, but he trusts me. He trusts me enough to keep him safe."

"I understand," the bodyguard replied, his thoughts swirling as he processed the situation.

"We'll ask him first," the consigliere muttered. "Go to Jeongin's room and bring him here."

Hyunjin nodded and exited the room. Today felt different somehow. He approached a guard and inquired about the location of the boy's room before proceeding to knock on his door.