"ricky when i catch you, ricky."

The young boy, aged fifteen, found himself perched on a bench, pen in hand, diligently adorning the cards

The young boy, aged fifteen, found himself perched on a bench, pen in hand, diligently adorning the cards. The occasion at hand was the upcoming farewell party for the higher secondary students, and the junior secondary students, like himself, were busily getting ready.

He carefully inscribed messages on the cards using his finest handwriting. This simple act made him feel a sense of worthiness. In a class where he remained mostly silent and hadn't engaged in many other activities, this was his contribution. However, he took pride in having the most exquisite handwriting in the class, something everyone was aware of.

Out of the blue, a student from another class entered the classroom and called out, "Hey, Jeongin!"

Jeongin glanced up from the cards, his eyebrows knitting in annoyance. He wasn't in the mood for small talk, especially when he was busy. "Yes?"

The boy approached Jeongin's bench and spoke, "I have something important to tell you."

Jeongin nodded and set his pen down. "Hmmm, what is it?" he inquired.

The boy leaned in closer and whispered, "Come here."

Jeongin sighed and moved closer, reluctantly bringing his ear near the boy's mouth. The boy whispered, "You know Yoon Junseo, the senior? He likes you."

Jeongin's eyes widened, his heart racing with surprise. Without saying anything more, the boy left. Yoon Junseo, the handsome and popular senior... is interested in him?

He felt his cheeks flush with warmth as he clenched the pen in his hand once more. Should he trust this message? Perhaps, why else would Junseo send someone to convey this to him, right? Moreover, Junseo wasn't known for showing interest in anyone else... so, he must truly like Jeongin.

But why? I'm not the type of boy people fall in love with, Jeongin's thoughts raced. Sure, some people have called me adorable, but never beautiful or pretty. I'm just not that pretty to be someone's crush, someone's true love.

"I'm not pretty. But if he likes me, he must think I'm pretty, right?" Jeongin questioned himself.

Jeongin sighed as he worked on the card. I wish I could be as pretty as others, he thought, but I don't even have friends who could pretend I'm beautiful. Maybe my uncle was right... I'm just... nothing.

His thoughts swirled with the surprising news he had received. Anxious and yet slightly excited, he longed for someone to understand him, even just a little bit.

As the farewell day approached, the school buzzed with excitement. Students chatted and enjoyed the festivities at the school party. Jeongin did his best to look his finest that day, donning a crisp white shirt and well-fitted black pants. He even spritzed on some of the perfume he had purchased with his hard-earned money. In his bag, he had carefully tucked away a bunch of red roses, just in case...