Chapter 1- The Hunt

Start from the beginning

I felt clothes get thrown at me seconds later, pain still erupting through me.

"Put them on," one orders me, doing as told, I pull the sweat shirt over my head and slip on the skinny jeans.

No undergarments?

"Who are you people?" I angrily question them.

"Your worst nightmare," they all say together, making me shiver.

"Where did you come fro-" my sentence was cut off when a fist plummets into my mouth.

I scream in pain, but only receive a manly hand to slap onto my lips, quieting me completely.

"Shut it!" A random male demands in a harsh whisper.

I roll my eyes and try to kick.

"We got a feisty one, Jared," one gleefully says, gripping onto my ankle.

"Just the way I like them," Jared smirks as he makes his way closer to me.

"Now, tell me where your camp is," he commands, "or this might just be hell on Earth for you."

Since the fog cleared over, I could visually see how muscular and tall each and every single one of them were.

There had to be six male werewolves circling me, expecting the answer to come out of my bloodied mouth in which I spat.

"Not around here," I explain,"I'm a lone hybrid...." my words trail off in a lie.

"Wrong answer smartass!" Jared violently bellows, plummeting a hand across my face violently. A shock of pain shimmers across my angry red cheek.

"Abusing me won't get you the answer," I daringly speak, "just set me down and back away from me."

I squeal with pain as I felt random sharp claws grip my forearm, blood dripping from a fresh wound.

"Tell us where your goddamn people are!" A different wolf asks me pissed off.

"I don't have any people!" I stammer, my heart surprisingly beating for once with pure fright.

"Why do you demand to know anyways?" I question, spitting more blood.

"None of your business, little one," Jared answers.

"No telling you then," I snippily speak just as howling is heard and my body is dropped to the ground.

Ouch...

"Get away from her!" A similar voice threatens.

"No problem, sir," Jared says, slowly backing away with his pack following his lead,"we were just leaving."

Rustling is heard before they run off, leaving me moaning in pain, my healing not so fast as most werewolves.

"Making me save your ass now?" Alpha questions me as I noticed it was him,"just after you try to eat one of your camp members?"

"They- they...." I stutter, clenching my fists.

"You know what?" Alpha says questionably,"I don't care."

I sigh as my body is lifted up off the ground and into his broad arms.

"That pack, they wanted to know where our people were," I actually get out, my voice sounding muffled.

"You didn't dare tell them?" He questions me, his deep voice calming.

"No," I simply answer.

"Good," was all he said, leaving me with a million questions left to be untold.

-

"Get the medics," Alpha ordered some other wolves as he laid me down on a big, smooth rock.

"Don't make me take you out of our hunting group," he adds towards me, "one more move like any of that back there and you're out, Estelle."

I nod, a scowl on my face as he strides away, but not after giving my clothes an odd look and adding,"Meet me nine o'clock sharp tonight, we've got some things to discuss."

I simply nod once more with heavy eyes...

"My dear!" One female werewolf medic gasps,"what happened?"

"Just encountered some unknown wolf pack," I explain lightly, not feeling like enlightening her on the whole situation.

Her thin blonde hair was up in a messy bun as she wore her medic outfit. She wore white rimmed glasses and a ton of makeup.

She wasn't the kind of person to actually make it into a pack, so she worked alone as a medic for those who healed poorly and not as quick like me.

Kira was her name.

"I'm so sorry to hear that honey!" She gasps.

"Thanks," I murmur, trying not to look at the other werewolves eyeing me from a far.

"I'm going to grab my supplies, just try to think about happy thoughts," she cheerfully speaks,"those wounds got to hurt!"

I roll my eyes back after she leaves.

Kira was never the one to hurt an animal in a hunt, so Alpha decided to put her as a medic...

The job fits her well.

"Hon, just close your eyes and open your mouth nice and wide," Kira says to me calmly when she got back with her 'supplies' in hand.

I do as told and the rest of the time here was a blur. Needles and pokes until I was talking and breathing normal again...

But the bruises never left, along with the open wounds that required bandages...