Chapter 148

Danielle POV

"Mom!"

"She can come over!"

Amalia ran excitedly into my bedroom as I was getting myself ready for going live on Instagram to do an interview.

I pulled my satin, blue robe on and perched on the end of my bed. Amalia came to stand right in front of me.

"That's great bub, do you wanna go with mama to the store and get some snacks for the two of you while I'm doing this interview?" I suggested.

Amalia paused to think about it.

"It will be busy on a Friday right?" She asked, playing with the edge of my robe.

"It's busy every day," I chuckled.

"I don't know," she shrugged.

"If it helps with your decision, you can't be attached to mommy if you stay home anyway because I'll be live on my phone," I pointed out.

Her hands fidgeted, tapping against my legs. I put my arms around her and pulled her against me, her head straight to my chest as she was at the perfect height with me sat on the bed.

"Mama will be with you," I whispered, gently placing a kiss on top of her head.

"Want you," Amalia said quietly.

"We're really having an 'I want mommy' day aren't we?" I sighed, but smiled to myself as she nodded against me.

"What's brought this on?" I asked her, wondering if there had been a trigger.

She shrugged, moving my robe to get closer to me.

"Hey missy," I said jokingly, stroking my hand up and down her back.

"What? I'm allowed," Amalia said innocently, her hand now resting flat against my skin.

"See this is why you're not allowed to stay for my interview," I joked.

"Why? You wouldn't be wearing this anyway," she pointed out.

"I still don't trust these little hands," I laughed, taking her hand from my boob and bringing it to my lips, kissing the back of it.

"You're going to the store with mama," I decided for her.

"Mom noooo," she whined, clinging to me a little tighter.

"Ahh ahh no sweetheart, I need you to be a good girl for me," I said quite firmly.

I glanced over at the clock and realised I really did need to finish getting ready. I managed to stand myself up off the bed and lift Amalia onto my hip, carrying her through the house to find Stefania.

I found her in the kitchen, looking like she was ready to leave for the store.

"Ahh bellina, I'm gonna go out now," she said, pulling on her sneakers.

"Do you mind taking Mali with you? She's gonna get some snacks for her and Effie aren't you?" I said, trying to calm her down.

"Nooo," she whined, burying her head into my neck.

I looked at Stefania for help.

"Come on bambina, you can be my helper and make sure I don't forget anything," Stefania said, walking over towards us.

"I want to stay home," Amalia said, trying to hold onto me.

"Mali I have to work now anyway don't I? I can't have you attached to me on camera," I sighed, swaying slightly to settle her.