Chapter 21

Danielle POV

"My social media manager Maddie is coming to set to see me today," I told Amalia as we drove to set.

"That's cool," she said simply, gazing blankly out of the window.

After her outburst yesterday in the café, she'd been a little distant. I was putting it down to her feeling a little self-conscious so didn't push and gave her the space she needed.

"Can I tell Maddie you've been staying with me?" I asked her tentatively.

"Hmm yeah," she nodded.

"I won't tell her why, it's just she's around my house a lot," I explained.

"You can tell her whatever," she shrugged.

I pulled into my regular parking space and turned off the engine. I reached out and grabbed Amalia's hand as she was about to get out the car.

"Mali," I said softly, sensing she wasn't in the best of moods.

"Look at me sunshine," I said, smiling gently as she brought her gaze up to meet mine.

"Talk to me,"

"Can I not stay with you all day?" she asked, genuinely sounding like she needed to be with me.

"I promise you can stay with me as much as possible, but you know you have to be with Greg for a couple of hours," I told her.

I watched as she nodded sadly, trying her best to keep from crying.

"Stefania's on set today, she might bring Jeff," I said, attempting to lift her spirits.

She let herself smile likely at the thought.

"Come on sweetie, let's go," I said, climbing out of the car.

We completed our usual routine of dropping everything in our trailers, going to hair and make-up followed by wardrobe.

Janet soon found us with a breakdown of the day and it was looking like Amalia's scenes were later, meaning her tutoring time with Greg was this morning.

I checked my watch and saw we had 15 minutes before Greg was due to arrive.

"Wanna head to my trailer for a bit?" I suggested, taking her hand in mine to prevent her from scratching at her wrist.

"Please," she replied weakly.

I smiled knowingly and off we headed to my trailer.

"Hey Savre," Maddie greeted when I opened the door.

"Morning Mads, you're early," I laughed.

"Thought I'd just come hang," she said, chilling on the sofa.

"This is Amalia. Mali, this is Maddie," I introduced them to each other.

"Nice to meet you Amalia, what time are you on set Danielle?" she asked me as Mali gave her a small wave.

"I've got 45 minutes until I'm shooting the first scene," I told her.

"Great, wanna grab coffee?" she suggested.

"Sure, let me just message Stefania to see if she wants anything," I smiled, taking out my phone.

"Do you want something Lia? I can drop it off at your trailer," I asked.

"No thanks, I'm good," she said, checking the time nervously.

"I think I better go," she said, turning to leave.