Chapter 128

Amalia POV

After everyone had eaten and enjoyed multiple cakes, treats and cups of tea, people dispersed around the garden and began chatting in smaller groups.

I was sat with Carter and Danielle's mom.

My grandma.

It was still strange thinking of her like that but it was nice.

"Mali bub?" Danielle said quietly, coming to crouch down in front of me.

"Would it be alright if us adults open a couple of bottles of champagne to celebrate? Nobody would be drinking excessively," she asked me.

"It's completely your choice, if you're not comfortable we...."

"Mom it's fine, I'm okay with it," I smiled, cutting her off from rambling.

"Are you sure?" She asked, her eyes reading my face for any sign that I wasn't.

"I promise," I nodded.

"Okay angel," Dani said, happy that I was telling the truth.

She stood up to go and get the champagne for whoever wanted it.

"Reckon she'll let me have a glass?" Carter asked.

"Not a chance," Grandma laughed.

"Here flower," she added, patting her lap for me to move over to her.

I moved onto her knee and felt her arms wrap securely around me.
I lay my head down on her shoulder, enjoying being around all my favourite people.

"You don't need to worry about Danielle, Stephanie's not here to give her tequila," Grandma said sarcastically.

"I'm not worried, she's funny when she's drunk anyway," I smirked.

"She somehow manages to get louder," Grandma said, playfully rolling her eyes.

"My mom hardly drinks, but when she does, she just gets really giggly. Dead annoying," Carter said shaking his head.

I smiled and glanced down at my arm, noticing the faded scar from the beer bottle Rob had cut me with.

Not today Amalia.

He's not ruining today.

I shook the thought of him away, happy to be cuddled up with Kathy.

"Mali get your little ass over here!"

I turned to see Barrett waving for me to join her and Jaicy across the garden.

I laughed and jumped up, happily skipping over to them.

"Here you go," B said, handing me one of the karaoke microphones.

"Woahhh no no no," I laughed, pushing it back into her hand.

"Oh please sing with me butterfly," she begged, giving me her best puppy dog eyes.

"No I can't," I chuckled, feeling heat rise to my cheeks.

"Leave the girl alone," Caterina joked, coming to stand beside me, her arm around my shoulders.

"Your voice is incredible," Barrett pointed out.

"There's too many people," I shrugged, glancing around the garden.

"You pick my songs then?" Barrett bargained.

"I can do that," I agreed.

Caterina moved to sit on one of the bar stools that had been moved onto the patio just outside the lounge. I stood in front of her, leaning back against her. From here, I could see the tv screen with all the song choices and still be outside.