Chapter 6

Amalia POV

The second my hair and makeup was finished, I headed straight back to my trailer. I had a pounding headache and realised I hadn't drank anything in way too long. Well, apart from all the alcohol they forced down me. Even the thought of it made me feel sick.
I downed a couple of glasses of water and instantly felt a little better.

I sat on the bed and lent against the wall, wishing that I could just curl up and sleep. I took out my script and went over my scene for the hundredth time.

There was a knock and Danielle's head popped around the doorway.

"Can I come in?" She smiled.

"Of course," I nodded, placing my script down beside me.

"Here," she said, handing me another smoothie.

I shook my head.

"I can't keep taking your drinks," I said, politely refusing.

She pulled the chair out from under the dressing table and sat backwards, resting her arms on the back of the chair. She reached forward to try again to give me the smoothie.

"Take it, this one's yours. I made us both one this morning," she smiled warmly.

I moved forward to take it from her.

"Thank you," I said gratefully.

"Bonnie's right, you look tired," she pointed out.

"I didn't get a great nights sleep. I'm alright," I assured her. It wasn't a complete lie.

"You didn't messaged me," she said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah I'm sorry, I forgot," I shrugged.

"Well now I've got your number, I can remind you," she smirked.

"Drink," she ordered.

I lifted the smoothie then paused for a moment, lowering it back down. I looked up at Danielle.

"Thank you," I said genuinely.

She was about to say something when there was another knock on the door. It was Janet.

"Morning you two," she smiled.

"Amalia I've got a question. We're shooting on location for a few days next week so we'll be travelling up and staying in a hotel. Is your mom planning on chaperoning?" She asked.

I nervously glanced down at my hands, avoiding eye contact with Danielle.

"I think she'll be too busy working," I lied.

"Right, it's just because you're 13, you can't be in a hotel room on your own," she explained.

"I c-could ask her," I stuttered nervously.

"She can stay with me can't she?" Danielle offered.

"I'm driving her up anyway," she added.

I looked up at her in confusion.

She discreetly winked, letting me know to just go with it. Janet thought for a moment.

"You'd be responsible for her," she told Danielle.

"She's no trouble," she smiled.

"Alright then, I'll get that sorted," she agreed, jotting a few things down in her clipboard before turning and leaving.

Once she'd gone, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you," I said for what felt like the tenth time that morning.