Chapter 64

Danielle POV

Stretching out in the bed, I let my eyes open and adjust to the natural light shining through the window.

The thin, white curtain was being blown lightly by the breeze and from what I could see, the sky was a clear blue.

I turned my head, expecting to see Stefania sleeping on the pillow beside me but was met with an empty space.

I pulled back the covers and rummaged around in my suitcase, pulling out my blue, silk robe. Already feeling the warmth of the day, I draped my arms through the sleeves and fastened it loosely around my naked waist.

Making my way out of the bedroom, I quickly popped my head into Amalia's room to check on her, only to find it empty as well. I glanced around and saw the balcony doors had been opened.

I walked out there and paused to stand and smile. Stefania had done the same as me and was sat in her robe, sipping from an espresso cup while Amalia sat beside her looking out over the balcony.

"Good morning my loves," I said happily, making my presence known.

"Buongiorno bellina," Stefania smiled warmly.

"Morning m-mo," Amalia began before pausing.

I nodded at her encouragingly.

"Morning momma," she blushed, looking up at me.

"Here, you have the chair," she said, standing up out of her seat as there were only two and a round table.

"It's okay sweetheart," I assured her.

"No seriously you have it," she said stubbornly.

"Only if you come here," I smirked, quickly grabbing her by the waist and pulling her down onto my knee.

"Momma," she laughed, her legs lifting off the floor as I fell down into the chair.

"Hey, just because we're in a different country doesn't mean I don't want my morning cuddles," I said firmly, holding her tightly in my arms.

She rolled her eyes playfully but snuggled sideways into me nonetheless.

"And I still haven't had my morning kiss," I said, glancing at Stefania and pouting.

"Let me fix that bella," she winked, leaning towards me and softly brushing her lips against mine.

"You two are gross," Mali said as Stefania pulled back.

"Kissing may be gross to you bambina but I just can't resist," Stefania chuckled, winding Amalia up and kissing me again.

"I don't ever wanna kiss anyone," Amalia said as she lay her head against my chest.

She ran her fingers across the edge of my robe, the material soft against her skin.

"You will one day baby girl, but make sure I'm at least 90 years old and don't even know what day it is," I joked, running my fingers through her hair.

"Ignore her bella, when that first kiss happens, make sure you run straight to your mama to tell me everything," Stefania grinned, reaching her hand out to rest it on Amalia's legs that dangled over my lap.

"Okay mama," she giggled, another pink blush lighting her cheeks.

"Do you want a coffee bellina?" Stef asked, finishing her espresso.

"I'd love one," I sighed happily.

"Do you want a drink bambina?" She asked Mali.