Chapter 54

Amalia POV

I felt a bit off, a little funny. I couldn't put my finger on why so was doing my best to ignore it and shake it off.

I know Danielle said earlier that I felt a little warm and I did feel a bit hot and my stomach ached a little. I didn't want to tell Danielle or Stefania, it wasn't that bad, I didn't need to worry them.

Sitting on the sofa, I sat scrolling mindlessly through my phone, rolling my eyes at everyone's boring posts on Instagram and the never ending advertisements. I started to get fed up so switched on the TV but nothing caught my eye.

I threw the remote down, it bounced off the sofa and onto the floor. I could sense I was getting frustrated with myself.

"Mali sweetheart?" I heard Danielle call for me.

"In here," I shouted back.

She soon appeared, her hair and make up all done as though she were going somewhere.

"Sunshine, my friend Maci wants to take me to lunch as a birthday treat. Do you mind if I go out for a few hours?" She asked, kneeling down in front of me.

I really didn't want her to go and I was angry at myself for feeling like this.

Why couldn't I just be a normal teenager without all these issues.

I was thirteen and didn't want to be apart from Danielle or Stefania.

"It's fine," I said, forcing a smile.

"Are you sure Mali?" She asked, taking hold of my hand.

Something in me made me pull it away, Danielle quickly tried to hide her reaction from me.

"Just go," I said, not wanting to come across as angry as I was but failing miserably.

"Amalia is everything alright?" She asked seriously, moving to sit beside me.

"I'm fine," I said, unable to make any from of eye contact with her.

I felt my breathing start to increase, it was harder and harder to keep calm.

"Mali," Danielle sighed, trying to reach for me.

"No," I said, flinching away and standing up.

"Leave me alone," I shouted, my hands tugging on my hair.

"Hey where's this attitude coming from?" Danielle said slightly shocked.

Something in her voice made me switch. There anger I was feeling turned to fear of disappointing her and making her mad.

"No no no," I said to myself, turning away from her, holding my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry,"

"I'm sorry,"

"I'm sorry,"

I kept repeating those words, needing her to believe me.

I'd ruined it.

I'd ruined everything.

"Amalia, I need you try and settle yourself down," Danielle said calmly, keeping a slight distance between us.

"I c-can't," I said frustratedly, shaking my head.

"Think about all those things you've worked on with Carla," she said gently.

I needed her.

I couldn't do it by myself.

"D-Danielle," I cried, not able to control anything.