Chapter 147

Danielle POV

"Why is mama running around everywhere?" Amalia asked me from the floor where she was sat doing some school work, her laptop on the coffee table.

"She's stressing trying to get everything ready for her nieces arriving," I chuckled honestly.

"Aren't you helping her?" Amalia asked seriously, I smirked at her bluntness.

"Trust me bubs, I tried earlier and was told I was putting the cushions on the bed wrong," I said.

"So mama's gone all Maya Bishop?"

"It appears so," I giggled.

At that moment, Stefania once again rushed by us.

"I thought they were only arriving tomorrow?" Amalia said, turning to look at me.

"They are sweetheart but she's filming over at Greys in the morning so wants everything ready today," I explained.

I leant forward and twirled a piece of her hair from her pony tail around my finger.

"Have you nearly finished your school work?"

"Hmm almost," Amalia nodded, turning back to the laptop screen.

"Mama said we could make friendship bracelets today too with the kit Caterina got me for my birthday," she said excitedly, typing in another answer to a question.

"She might not have much time today Mali, she wants to run to the store and pick up some things she needs for a recipe," I informed her, remembering mine and Stefania's conversation earlier.

Amalia frowned and her shoulders dropped a little.

"I can do it with you?" I suggested.

"I thought you had an Instagram live interview?"

"I do sweetheart but there should be enough time," I assured her.

Stefania walked into the room again.

"Mama we're making bracelets later right?" Amalia asked her hopefully.

Stef glanced over towards the clock.

"Ahhh si bambina if mama has time. If not bella, we'll do it another day," Stefania nodded, despite looking a little guilty.

Amalia pushed herself up off the floor and walked over to Stefania.

"Come cuddle mama," she said, trying to pull on Stef's arm.

"Bambina mama is a little busy right now," Stefania sighed, not allowing Mali to pull her.

"Please mama,"

"I'll take a little break before I go to the store bella. I promise," Stefania said calmly as Amalia reached for her again.

"Come on bubba, why don't you get this class finished then you'll be free when mama is," I chipped in, helping Stef out a little.

Amalia looked between me, Stef and her laptop.

"Go on bambina, I won't be too long," Stefania said gently, her hand on Amalia's back guiding her back towards me.

Amalia reluctantly walked away from Stefania and back to the coffee table before sitting back on the rug.

She started typing away again and then stopped to read something on the next slide.
I watched as she began to scratch at her arm a little while reading, probably subconsciously but I continued watching her regardless.

She frowned at the screen and then moved to sit in a different position. She sat there for about twenty seconds before repositioning herself again.

She was getting restless.