Chapter 132

Amalia POV

Sitting in the garden with Jeff laying with her head on my lap, I scrolled through my phone, still catching up on messages from my birthday.

Danielle had gone to meet with Emily, working on some things for her directorial debut coming up. I felt okay about her going out, I'd woken up feeling much more settled and calmer this morning.

Seeing as I'd followed Effie on Instagram, she was now able to message me privately. She'd only messaged once so far, just wishing me a happy birthday.

Opening up the message, I thought about what I could reply.

I smiled and tried not to overthink my messages

I smiled and tried not to overthink my messages. Why did I feel so awkward talking to people.

I know Effie was a fan of the show but it feels like she could become a friend.

I don't have many.

And none my age.

How pathetic is that?

Locking my phone, I dropped it down on the outdoor sofa, scratching behind Jeff's ears instead.

"Everything okay bambina?" Stefania asked, walking outside.

"Yeah," I shrugged, still thinking about the fact I had hardly any friends.

"Parlami piccola," she smiled, coming to sit on the sofa, lifting my legs up and placing them back down across her lap.

"It's nothing," I sighed, focusing on staring down at Jeff.

"Bambina," she said slowly.

I looked up and caught her watching me warily.

"It's embarrassing," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Period stuff?" She asked.

"No nothing like that," I replied quickly, shaking my head.

"I actually don't feel that embarrassed about that with you anymore," I told her.

"That's good bella, there's nothing at all to be ashamed of with something so natural," she smiled.

"Now don't change the subject, talk to mama," she winked, waging her finger at me playfully.

I opened my mouth to say something but found that I couldn't get it out.

I looked at Stefania helplessly.

"What will help?" She asked, her hand resting on my legs.

"What would Carla tell you to do?"

I thought about it. I thought about the times I'd managed to open up the most to Carla.

"I d-don't know, I think I found it easiest when we were doing something else," I said.