“Which way is Juliet’s room?”

“Huh? Ah, it’s on the west side of the third floor…”

Duke Carlyle casually headed towards the third floor as if he were the master of the house.

The butler, who occasionally followed behind with hurried steps, suddenly snapped out of it. He realized that he should have asked that question from the beginning.

“Uh, Your Highness. May I say something?”

“Speak.”

Without stopping his steps, the duke spoke.

“Thank you. Your Highness, are you here to find Miss Juliet?”

He paused.

Suddenly, Duke Carlyle, who had been walking, abruptly stopped and turned towards him.

The butler felt a chill run down his spine when he saw the infamous red eyes of Duke Carlyle, but it was too late to retract his question.

The old butler mustered up his courage and opened his mouth.

“I apologize, but Miss Juliet is currently absent.”

Why didn’t he say it earlier? The butler thought that Duke Carlyle might get angry, but surprisingly, the Duke showed no significant reaction.

As the butler held his breath and waited for the Duke’s response, he realized that Duke Carlyle, despite his fearsome reputation, was a handsome man with a refined appearance.

The Duke’s reputation with women was well-known.

Indeed, he was someone young ladies could fall head over heels for.

The butler couldn’t help but wonder why rumors about his appearance weren’t as widespread as his notorious reputation.

Only after considering it did the butler entertain the thought that perhaps the Duke had come to find the young lady.

“Juliet…”

“Yes?”

“Has she always used this room?”

“Ah… Yes!”

They found themselves standing in front of the bedroom in no time.

“She has been using this room since she took her first steps.”

The butler, forgetting that he was in front of Duke Carlyle, smiled with satisfaction.

Most of the staff remaining in the Monad mansion were people who had worked there for a long time under the Count’s family.

Among them were many who had witnessed young Juliet taking her first steps.

“I see.”

Duke Lennox Carlyle’s hand touched the pillar at the entrance of the room.

At first glance, it was difficult to notice, but there were marks on the pillar where Juliet had grown and marked her height every year on her birthday.

From the moment she took her first steps, to the age of five when she cried out loud without any reservations, to her debutante ball at sixteen. And all the way to her eighteenth birthday in the winter of adulthood.

His large and well-formed hand gently touched the carved grooves on the pillar.

As the butler watched this scene absentmindedly, he had a feeling that he was witnessing something he shouldn’t.

“Ahem, then please call me if you need anything.”

Feeling somewhat confused, the butler left after saying those words.