At that moment, the wardrobe staff, who were rushing to prepare for departure, flinched.

But Juliet just smiled.

“No, our mother’s dress is beautiful too. I’ll show you tomorrow.”

However, the owner of the dressing room, who was packing belongings next to them, cautiously asked,

“Um, if it’s Lady Monad’s dress, is it a pale hydrangea color by any chance?”

“Yes, how did you know?”

“Lady Monad has excellent taste. It will surely suit you as well.”

Fatima, who had been quietly listening to their conversation, pursed her lips.

‘It’s boring.’

Since one day, Juliet had become a rather boring friend.

‘She wasn’t like this before.’

Juliet was the first friend Fatima made when she moved to the capital.

Fatima’s father wanted to make friends with the ancient families of the Empire, and the Monad family just belonged to respectable families that had existed since the founding of the country. By a happy coincidence, Count Monad had a daughter who was the same age as Fatima, and that was Juliet.

Following her father’s request, Fatima often invited Juliet to her house to play.

Although Fatima found it annoying that her usually calm and composed older brother acted strangely whenever Juliet visited, Juliet’s visits were worth tolerating that discomfort.

More precisely, she found pleasure to see Juliet in secretly touching the dress decorations while stealing glances with envy as Fatima chose her new dress.

But then…

‘When did it start?’

Juliet had changed about three years ago.

When she was about fifteen, Juliet had a serious accident. She almost died in that accident.

Since then, Juliet had become strange.

At first, it was thought that her prolonged bed rest had weakened her spirits, but that wasn’t the case. Sometimes, she seemed like a completely different person.

She no longer envied Fatima.

Whenever Fatima reluctantly invited Juliet, using the excuse of helping her choose a dress, Juliet would be busy reading books or writing something.

‘Anyway, just a poor Count’s family.’

Fatima pursed her lips.

The Glenfield family had earned money and bought their Count title, making them emerging nobles. Fatima used to enjoy bragging about it, but as she grew up, she realized that the social circles looked down on the Glenfields as nouveau riche.

On the other hand, Count Monad, though poor, had a long-established pedigree, and invitations to their parties consistently arrived without any effort.

It secretly irritated Fatima.

“There will be a distinguished guest at the ball tomorrow, Princess Priscilla.”

“Oh, Princess Priscilla?”

Juliet replied indifferently as she packed her belongings.

Princess Priscilla was the Emperor’s niece and received the treatment of a princess in the social circles.

Seeing Juliet’s lack of interest in someone like Princess Priscilla, Fatima was annoyed and pursed her lips.

“Well, you’re not interested no matter who comes?”