Watching the fiery flowers of fireworks bloom in the air, Juliet raised her collar higher.

It was so cold today that even the air she exhaled came out in small clouds of steam from her mouth.

Flutter.

Suddenly, several butterflies with bluish wings appeared from somewhere and swirled around her.

Juliet furrowed her brows slightly.

Butterflies with luminous wings were too visible in the dark.

Her control seemed to have been greatly weakened, given that she hadn’t even summoned them.

Well, that was to be expected since Juliet used too much mana today.

The butterflies seemed to be protesting against the part of themselves that had recently died at the hands of the Duke.

Although at first glance, these butterflies seem to be separate individuals, in fact they were part of one consciousness, divided at the moment into a group.

One of them sat on the back of Juliet’s hand and now told her about what happened after her successful escape.

This allowed Juliet to hear and see everything as if she herself had seen what happened in the mansion after her escape.

It looks like he was able to dispel her illusion.

“Oh, I see.”

The demon in the form of a butterfly buzzed in wavelengths only she could hear, sounding extremely excited, as if he was a spoiled child.

Juliet had expected them to be angry for giving them an unreasonable task, but the butterflies’ grievances were not about that.

They recounted how merciless the man who had destroyed part of their existence, their contractor, had been.

The moment their wings were pierced by a dagger (him, the man, the human, I hate him).

“Did it hurt a lot?”

Of course, his complaints were a bluff.

This demon’s body was a gigantic and powerful deity that existed beyond this dimension. He couldn’t feel the pain.

However, knowing all of their theatrics, Juliet still listened without a care.

The wicked and childish demons seemed satisfied with that and left after fooling around with clumsy human language for a while.

Juliet was alone again.

She wasn’t overly concerned about the man they had warned her about chasing her.

After all, she would be far away from the capital shortly. Even if his subordinates were competent, it would be impossible for them to find her in such a short time.

Juliet sat alone on the quiet platform, contemplating when the train would arrive.

There were seats inside the station, but intentionally, Juliet came out to the open platform to wait for the train.

Juliet tapped her foot.

She was dressed so inconspicuously that no one would think she had attended the New Year’s reception at the palace just a few hours ago.

A dark-colored blazer, a white blouse, and a long skirt that reached her ankles. She neatly tied her hair up and made sure to cover her face with a black veil.

Juliet estimated how much time was left until the train’s departure as she looked down at her feet.

Instead of the high-heeled, beautiful shoes she had worn while wandering around the ballroom, she had on plain leather boots.